NEED HELP WITH A "LARRY'S GUNS" HAMMERLI 208S SCOP

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ebrem

NEED HELP WITH A "LARRY'S GUNS" HAMMERLI 208S SCOP

Post by ebrem »

Hello

I have put a "Larry's Guns" scope mount on my Hammerli 208s about 6 -7 times and once the scope mount is slid into place, there is no way to tighten or secure it.
I believe there should be something to tighten in order to expand the interior dove tail (of the scope mount) to press against the dove tail channel for the barrel weight.

Can someone please help me, I am loosing patience with this and I am wondering if I am missing something or I may just have to send it back to Larry and have him look at it.

There does not appear to be any locking device or allen nut to tighten the mount, and I have I believe everything necessary for mounting.

Thank You in Advance.
Attachments
LGI 215 mount-1.JPG
LGI 215 mount-1.JPG (7.36 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
Misny

Post by Misny »

The Knapp scope mounts have the screw in the weight that tightens the mount onto the gun. Every one that I had needed tweaking to each individual gun. Contact Larry and he'll guide you through the adjustment you need to make to your scope mount so it will fit tightly onto your gun. IIRC, I had to spread the rail of the mount for one gun and squeeze the rail for the other gun. It's a pretty simple process.