Need Help! my grip is incosistent

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Judith Arifandi

Need Help! my grip is incosistent

Post by Judith Arifandi »

Hi, I'm a Junior AP shooter
I use P44 which I bought December

I won last competition (December) with it without any problem except the grip was improper (since the grip size is M and my hand is xs) I'll upload picture of my grip and my hand holding it later.

I planned to buy grip overseas but some member advice me to fitting my grip instead depend of lucky draw buying grip long distance.

and so I did, the grip was fit to my hand. but the problem is incosistent. at first I thought because my hand is adapting to new grip, second I thought maybe my hand was tired, third my coach tell me that I'm jerking. (funny I never had problem like this, could my hand change?)

it's like it was canting but to all direction. at first it might be on left 9 group the second ten change to right 9 group or other direction

my old grip (not p44) is thicker than this one. was volume of grip problem?

I try to test it with close my eyes then dry fire, open my eyes when the gun is in area of aim. the sight alignment is perfect. but few tries later it didn't.

I use http://www.pistol-shooting.com/grip-modifications.php as reference before. but the article gone. it written like this :
Below are diagrams which may help you achieve the proper sight alignment you require.

To make the pistol point right, remove from point “C”.

To make the pistol point left, add into point “B”.

To raise the front sight, add into point “A” and conversely to lower front sight, remove from point “A”.

Start out by removing small amounts, as the angles change dramatically from these points. A general rule on a Sport Pistol is to move the sights 5mm in any direction, removal or addition of material will need to be approximately one third (1/3)

it change from not too bad grip into bad grip -_-
I really need help, there will be competition on March

Thanks,
JA
FredB

grip adjustments

Post by FredB »

Judith,

Learning how to make useful adjustments to an anatomical grip is not an easy process. It's very common to have to work on - and ruin - several grips before you get a good feeling for the process. The diagram you posted is sort of correct as far as it goes, but there are other ways of doing things, and making single adjustments as described usually causes other changes in the grip's feel, in addition to the single desired effect.

The first rule I would suggest is to start with a grip that's as close as possible to what you want. If you started with a medium grip and your hand is extra small, you started at a great disadvantage. Rather than trying to salvage that grip, I would strongly suggest you buy a XS grip - Morini or Rink most likely - and work from there if necessary. You also might consider ordering a custom grip from Rink that will be made specifically for your hand.

These are not cheap alternatives, but a properly fitting grip can make a world of difference in AP, as you are beginning to find out. If you don't have confidence in your grip, you will not shoot well.

HTH,
FredB
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Just a thought - if you are a "Junior" shooter, maybe your hand really is changing.

I'm too new at this to offer advice, but here are a couple of resources that have helped me.

There are a couple of chapters in Nygord's Notes regarding grip fitting:

http://tinyurl.com/36q3o5c

And there is a PDF here that I've found useful:

http://www.airforceshooting.org/GripFitting.pdf

Good luck!
Judith Arifandi

Thanks guys,

I had a friend that will go to Germany soon. I asked her to bought me xs grip. do anyone know where to buy it in Germany? if so, please give the address. I'm looking forward for it

but if that was failed, do anyone know how to order online?

Thanks,
JA
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Judith Arifandi wrote:Thanks guys,

I had a friend that will go to Germany soon. I asked her to bought me xs grip. do anyone know where to buy it in Germany? if so, please give the address. I'm looking forward for it

but if that was failed, do anyone know how to order online?

Thanks,
JA

Here are the Rink and Potter sites where you can order:
http://www.formgriffe.de/index.php?&c=e
http://www.potfire.com.au/products/rink.htm
Sgt_Gold

Post by Sgt_Gold »

I've found that when I start using a new grip my point of aim changes. Having your hand on the grip in slightly different positions can make the muzzle point in a different direction. What I've found is I have to retrain my forearm to hold the pistol where I want it to point. What I've found helpful is to make sure I start my grip with the same part of my hand, on the same part of the grip, the same way, every time. This allows me to index my hand to the grip, and it cuts down on the wandering point of aim.
Judith Arifandi

Hi guys,

I was thinking, rather than buying grip long distance (of course it still an option) it's better buying grip that I could try.
Do any of you know buying grip xs size for p44 in the following country?

Singapore, Malaysia (or other south east asia country)
Australia

I really appriciated any help

JA
Judith Arifandi

Hi there,

I ended up bought rink grip xxs size (I sent my hand sketch and found out that my hand is actually xxs)
The shipment will arrived in few days (I ordered it last month), I'm really looking forward for trying it

Thanks for tell me about it
please tell me if there's any tips for trying new grip.
Thank you for all
JA