Light or Heavy Pellets in FWB300

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

gzig5

Light or Heavy Pellets in FWB300

Post by gzig5 »

I have a FWB300 that I am using for winter indoor practice. After replacing the seals, it seems to shoot very well with the various non-match pellets I had laying around as well as some orange box Vogel. I'd like to get a couple different brands and see if one works significantly better. I see that there are different weights. In a rifle, is one weight more likely to perform better or is it the luck of the draw? If there was a strong tendency one way or the other, it would cut down on the testing I need to do.
Greg
Rover

Post by Rover »

Start with the cheap (light) ones and work your way up.
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

My 300S and RWS MeisterKugeln (yellow and black label) leave nothing to be desired. Great pellet for my FWB300!
Ken T

Post by Ken T »

My 300S likes the JSB Exact RS 7.33 gr pellets.Second best is RWS R-10 heavy 8.2 gr pellets.I suspect that the RWS R-10 pistol 7.0 gr pellets will work better than the heavy R-10's but haven't tried them yet.I just got the 300S.
angelmr

Post by angelmr »

I use RWS basic (green label) with my rifle. It perform flawlessly. But few monts ago I shot litle benchrest. I had only JSB heavy then and again rifle shot one hole at 25 meters.