Info on Bleiker's new aluminum stock?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jason

Post by Jason »

You're right, Tim, it does look like Berg is using a regular Bleiker stock. Wonder who will be the first to try one at a WC?

For folks wondering about Sonja's rifles, here's her smallbore rig:

and her air rifle setup:

It looks like there's more alike in her standing position between the two events than there is different. I do find it interesting that her cheekpieces aren't identical, but maybe that's not such a big deal. I haven't started shooting standing yet, so maybe I'm overemphasizing commonality.

Jason
Last edited by Jason on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Jason wrote:It looks like there's more alike in her standing position between the two events than there is different. I do find it interesting that her cheekpieces aren't identical, but maybe that's not such a big deal. I haven't started shooting standing yet, so maybe I'm overemphasizing commonality.

Jason

Jason
Jason,

I'm not a standing shooter either, but I think Sonja started back when ladies were required to use the Standard rifle for smallbore, so it's not surprising that her position is very similar for 10m and 50m.

Tim

Apologies for the digression, all this has nothing to do with Bleikers!
Leo

Post by Leo »

On the SB rifle -- what is the rear sight being used... any ideas?
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

That air rifle cheek piece looks uncomfortable, however, I wish I would have had a smallbore stock like hers when I was shooting.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Leo wrote:On the SB rifle -- what is the rear sight being used... any ideas?
It's a Centra Spy. If you look through the WC pictures on the ISSF site you'll see quite a few shooters starting to use them.

Jason
Leo

Post by Leo »

If I was looking to benchmark "setups" interesting is the angle this shooter's front forearm/wrist make... a little different then what I thought we we're "supposed" to do... straight lines/remove the joint. As a new shooter I have a similar angle, but the rifle sits in my upturned palm... anyone have a similar angle or opinion? (sorry if I'm off topic).
Colin

Colin

Post by Colin »

If you think that's at an angle you should see the position of her legs/hips
Sonja is one who's position seems the opposite of what we perceive as the standard,but she's up at the very top