Is tennis elbow brace legal for AP?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

We could take all kinds of special situations to mention here as "handicaps" and how the ISSF in it's cavalier approach (they are Gods in their own minds). But the Rules are quite specific, so how about you wear the brace on your elbow all the time and take it off for the comps if you shoot by ISSF rules simple NO!. As for rifle shooters are concerned it has gotten to be ridiculous the advantages that are built into those jackets and trousers, and their coaches and the shooters themselves defend this equipment. It all started years ago with the US Army WWII ski boots and leather jackets and has progressed to the penultimate where IMHO the rifle shooters including Air have become the laughing stock. I remember some of my shooters at the USMMA complained about shooting against another team complaining that " we have lost already coach, looka the way they're dressed up ". They had smelled the odor of defeat just based on the other teams clothes. Anyhoo, I would wear that brace and practice that way and only remove it for an ISSF match. I have seen worse violations of clothing in the NYState Empire Games, where certain pistol shooters wear hiking boots or combat boots while shooting AP & FP, and the Chairman running the events doesn't even know the rules, what to look for as far as violations, let alone enforce them, "these are not the olympics....so what"....duh. "Doc"
randy1952

Post by randy1952 »

Roly wrote:Allowing accomodations for those who have medical problems becomes a slippery slope. What if you take a prescription medication for an irregular heartbeat? I believe that beta blockers give a shooter an unfair advantage and are therefore banned. If a heart medication contains a beta blocker and a shooter uses it and coincidentally sets a national record, wouldn't that be subject to claims of it being tainted?
I know my example is extreme, but it isn't absurd. As for myself, I have been shooting in the VT class, but am otherwise physically fit, and would not want to compete against those with an elbow brace, or shoulder, or knee or wrist or any other kind of brace.
I don't want to sound mean spirited, and want the sport to be available to everyone to shoot competetively, but maybe we could do that by having a 'Standing-Handicapped' classification.
If you are just shooting local competitions then it may not be an issue that anybody would be bothered with, especially if your not what they call world class shooters. If it is a major international competition then there is a list of banned drugs that competitors can't be using. If you have to use the drug for health reasons then there is an appeal process available to competitors. The drug tests are supposedly random at these competitions and if you are caught using a banned drugs the penalties for participating in future competitions can be severe not counting the fact that if you are taking the drug illegal it may come to the attention of law enforcement. My understanding if you are a medal winner in the Olympics the drug tests are automatic. USADA is the organization that administers the anti-doping program in the US and the list of banned drugs is available through this organization.
AK Pistol

Post by AK Pistol »

Bob

I don't think any pistol shooter wants to see our discipline end up like rifle clothing wise. So far we have been able to hold the line at stiff shoes that are not above the ankle. Hope that is as far as it goes!