Scoping an 1813L for Smallbore?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

gas_gunner

Scoping an 1813L for Smallbore?

Post by gas_gunner »

I have a spare scope that I'm thinking about using on my 1813L for some prone matches. What's the best way to scope up an 1813 and allow me a way to switch between irons and scopes?

Thanks,

Danny
mobarron

Post by mobarron »

I am assume that we are talking about an internal adjustment scope that has eye relief of about 3". Probably it's best to buy a receiver rail that Anschutz markets or ESP makes that slides on the receiver groves. Weaver scope mounts fit these rails and you can leave your scope on the rail when you switch from scope to irons. They also permit you to get a little more eye relief which you may need for prone. Mike Barron
Leo

Post by Leo »

Contact "Perry" at Champion Shooters Supply -- I also shoot left and had to wait 7 weeks while a new "batch" of rails were made -- works just fine, and I used Leupold rimfire mounts (med) to attach my 6.5*20 EFR... on and off in a snap and CSS is a great shop to deal with... good luck!
gas_gunner

Post by gas_gunner »

Mike and Leo,
Thanks for the information. I was lucky enough to be able to see the rail that you mention tonight while at my smallbore league. Another left hand shooter had one on his wood stocked 2013. I'm going to get one of those pretty soon and try that spare scope I have. Yes, it's an internal adjustment AO Scope.

Danny