Do you have a "miss" - if you leave the "X&qu

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Leo

Do you have a "miss" - if you leave the "X&qu

Post by Leo »

Thoughts for a LH shooter - 6 Xs on a target and then 2 shoots 1 full ring to the right (!%!!%!%) - this right shift has be driving me crazy only on metallic sights - I suspect it has to do with my lateral head position (?) For a lefty... is my cheek position soft and I view through the right sight of the rear apperature (when lazy)... and could it be adusted by shifting the cheek piece "left" (precise stock) to allow a more natural set-up?

Any thoughts? Thanks...
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Position? Single bull target, or multiple bull?

Head position could be a factor, as could NPA change on single bull due to relaxation or tightening of muscles.
Leo

Post by Leo »

Could be -- I'm still a newbie - but I can repeat the mistake on both the NRA and ISSF (smaller bull) targets. I have been working on my NPA and set-up (eyes open/closed/open - alignment) and will always have more more work to do... in need of a "virtual coach" :)

For a lefty - everything stable if by shot it lateral "right" would my head position at time of release be right or left? I think I'm "fighting" my cheek pressure into the stock and if I become lazy it moves away at release... OR I could be "over" stressing the contact and pushing the but "out" that would generate the RH impact... I'm beginning to think the golf swing is easier... thanks for help. :)
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Again, what position are you shooting from?

Are you shooting single bull targets, or multiple bull targets where you have to move to a different bull for each shot?

Lots of things can come into play.

Your NPA set up is just backwards, as starting with your eyes open allows the visual cortex to overpower the kinesthetic sense (feel). Try starting with eyes closed, then open, then closed and make adjustment and open your eyes.