Pardini FPE

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Freepistol

Pardini FPE

Post by Freepistol »

Anybody shooting the Pardini FPE?
Last edited by Freepistol on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TB

Post by TB »

Only have expirence with the FPM, a friend of mine just got one. I think is is a very underestimated FP, it is rather light and has a very nice balance. The only thing it has against it, is the price. It is by far the most expensive FP on the market.
PFribley

FP

Post by PFribley »

I am with TB. Would love to have one. Don't want to pay for it. I ended up with an old Rhoner fp that a local gun shop had in the back. Got it for a good price. It is perfect for my needs.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Id like one as well - but, in Australia, the FPE is almost twice the price of a Morini 84E.....
ricchap

Post by ricchap »

In the US, a Pardini FPE is 15% more than a Morini 84E. If you guys are paying almost double, something is wrong with your Pardini dealer. I would contact Pardini directly and let them know.
jipe

Post by jipe »

In Europe, there are also big differences in prices for the Pardini pistols in different countries. They are for instance very expensive in Germany !?

The Pardini FPE is also more expensive than the Morini CM84E. Not easy to sell a pistol when it is almost unknown and more expensive than the market leading/reference pistol
TB

Post by TB »

jipe wrote:The Pardini FPE is also more expensive than the Morini CM84E. Not easy to sell a pistol when it is almost unknown and more expensive than the market leading/reference pistol
Yes, this is strange marketing. You would think that the price should be at least at the level of the CM84E or even lower, so they could get a chunk of market share. There was only two Pardini FP used at the WCH this summer and that wasen't even the new models (a k22 and a k50). This has to be disapointing for a company like Pardini, so why don't they lower their price to a "normal" level?

On the other hand, the Pardini SP is also rather expensive in most countries, and it is the market leader.....
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

How does the price point on an MG5e compare to a Pardini FPE? Both a new pistols with new technology. The Morinig CM84e has not evolved that much in recent years 2 stage trigger, new compensator x2 and a light weight barrel).

I doubt the Pardini should cost twice as much, but equal or even a slight premium could be sensible.

In Canada I see the FPE for aprox $2400CAD plus applicable taxes.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Just checked the prices here in Australia. All prices in Australian dollars - which is currently on par with the US dollar.

Morini CM84E = $2250

Pardini FPE = $2825

I was quoted $3600 for one of these last year.

Pardini SP New mechanical = $2225 - Matchguns MG2 is the same price
TB

Post by TB »

Here in Denmark the prices are:

MG5: $1300
MG5e: $1410
FPM: $2295
FPE: $2382
CM84e: 1680

I believe the prices are pretty much the same in the rest of Europe.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

Remember that Pardini, Matchguns are located inside EU while Morini S.A. in Switzerland. Different countrys, different VAT's, different distributor policies. However in general Pardini seems to ask a bit more for its pistol line and while this doesn't hurt the .22/.32 sales the FP and AP pistols seems to suffer a bit (at least in my country). It could be interesting to know factory prices without VAT to really see which pistol is more expensive.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

USA Prices I've found:

Morini CM84E = $1925

Pardini FPE = $2360

Pardini SP New mechanical = $2129

Pardini SP1 New Electronic Rapid Fire = $2541
ronpistolero

Pardini FP

Post by ronpistolero »

Uhm, so, apart from the pricing "problem", how does the Pardini FP do in comparison with the Morini's, Hammerli FP60s and the TOZ FPs? There must be some reason why they are priced exorbitantly.

Ron
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

I'm willing to speculate that they are all imported into the US in small quantities, and a part of the retail price is a reflection of the strength of the US dollar at the time the importer buys it himself.
ricchap

Post by ricchap »

(Pardini SP New mechanical = $2129) This is for the rapid fire version at Larry's. I paid $1710 for an SP New about 4 months ago from Pardini USA. Vladimir was pretty helpful and got me the gun right away. He quoted me just under $2200 or so for the FPE at that time.
Leon

Re: Pardini FP

Post by Leon »

ronpistolero wrote:Uhm, so, apart from the pricing "problem", how does the Pardini FP do in comparison with the Morini's, Hammerli FP60s and the TOZ FPs? There must be some reason why they are priced exorbitantly.

Ron
There is some bleating on the Pardini website about them making taper bore barrels. Maybe the FPE has a taper bore barrel which could explain the cost difference..?
TB

Post by TB »

What is a taper bore barrel and can you tell by looking into it? if so, i will take a look at my friends fpm next week.
Leon

Post by Leon »

TB wrote:What is a taper bore barrel and can you tell by looking into it? if so, i will take a look at my friends fpm next week.
From the Pardini website -

The barrels are Pardini’s latest “success”: due to the fact that there was no specific equipment on the market for this type of work. Pardini built and modified equipment that is now able to produce all calibres of barrels that are considered at the top-end of the market for their precision and quality.
Pardini’s equipment allows them to build a progressively narrowed barrel, from the start of the rifling to the muzzle of the barrel, without “steps” thereby improving precision and a reduction in recoil. In a short time, Pardini has been able to produce a complete range of pistols for competition shooting. It is also important to state that all these pistols have allowed their numerous owners to reach an infinite number of wining results."
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

I´ve shot the FPM. And to be honest I couldn`t stand it. The trigger was something strange for me. I never shot a good result with the Pardini. And finally I switched to Morini CM84E. And that´s THE FP for me. But I do like Pardinis, too. In the discipline "sport pistol" I shoot a Pardini SP1 (the mechanical one, and that´s really a great pistol).
And moreover the Morini is cheaper than the Pardini (in Austria at least).
So this fact supports my decision ;-)
Best regards
Max
ronpistolero

Re: Pardini FP

Post by ronpistolero »

Leon wrote:
ronpistolero wrote:Uhm, so, apart from the pricing "problem", how does the Pardini FP do in comparison with the Morini's, Hammerli FP60s and the TOZ FPs? There must be some reason why they are priced exorbitantly.

Ron
There is some bleating on the Pardini website about them making taper bore barrels. Maybe the FPE has a taper bore barrel which could explain the cost difference..?
Sorry, I meant to ask how the Pardini Free Pistol was in terms of performance.