Smallbore sight recommendations

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BJ

Post by BJ »

Personally, I dislike the Anschutz 7020 sights. They are big, bulky, and extend way too far in total length for my liking.

From a mechanical standpoint, I think they are inferior to other sights. The few times I have set up my Anschutz 7020 sights in a mill vice with a dial indicator I have noticed an inconsistency in the amount it moves the sight with every other click. Not to mention that after 4 years of use I found a dead spot in my windage that lasted 26 clicks! It also kind of bothers me that Anschutz chose to use some kind of plastic threaded bushings in their sights instead of metallic bushings. I believe the bushings in my Anschutz 7020 sights need to be replaced and I have heard of numerous other people having to do the same thing. The general design of the sight adjustments is also way more complicated then it should be.

Recently, I purchased a centra long range sight and I have been very pleased with it. It is built extremely well without the faults I find in the Anschutz sights. I was also very impressed with the consistency of the clicks and ability to return to zero when I checked it out with the dial indicator.

Brian
Levergun59

Post by Levergun59 »

Thanks Jim,
My sons shoot 4 100yd Palma's at Bristol and Hartland is not too far. My older boy is starting Biathlon at McMiller which is about 45 minutes North.
Shooterer

Post by Shooterer »

gzig5 wrote: Jim,
Are they going to be able to have the rifle matches at Hartland this year after the "trouble"?
Greg
Greg,
I believe that Hartland received their conditional use permit to resume operations.

For those of you not aware of what happened out there last year, a .45acp round left the range (over the berm) and hit a woman eating dinner at a out side restaurant a 1/4 mile away.

Milwaukee journal story: http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/92773189.html She is ok and never sued the club.
gzig5

Post by gzig5 »

Jim,
That's great news! Surprised that wasn't front page on the Journal-Sentinel.
I might put a bug in John K's ear about doing that out at Boone. Hell, maybe I'll even volunteer to run the match.
Greg
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

Best sights ever made. Sam Gates.