new stock?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

gasmann

new stock?

Post by gasmann »

I have a Savage-Anschutz model 64 rifle. Does anyone know of a company that offers a replacement stock similar to the Anschutz Alu- Precise? Looking for the adjustability of the buttplate, length of pull and the cheekpiece. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post by Guest »

Gasmna,

I don't think any of the normal european manufacturers make a modern aluminium match stock for the Match 64. Match 64 rifles are normally seen as Anschutz's junior/entry level models, so most shooters who are looking to upgrade normally get a Match 54 rifle, rather than re-stocking a Match 64. However you could get a machinist to knock up an alumninium adaptor block, so your Match 64 would fit into the stock of your choice.

Given the cost of getting a new alu stock, it might be more economical to look at a second hand Anschutz 1813 or 1913 Supermatch (or Walther/FWB equivalent), which would have these adjustments as standard (together with a much superior trigger). An alternative would be to have a gunsmith or stockmaker fit an adjustable butt-plate and cheekpiece mechanism.

yours

Tim S
Taunton UK
Quest1

Re: new stock?

Post by Quest1 »

gasmann wrote:I have a Savage-Anschutz model 64 rifle. Does anyone know of a company that offers a replacement stock similar to the Anschutz Alu- Precise? Looking for the adjustability of the buttplate, length of pull and the cheekpiece. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
MondardUSA has an alu stock that will have an adjustable length of pull. The adjustable buttplate is something you will have to supply, but there is a place to mount one. The check piece is adjustable up and down. They have one model that is adjustable down to around a 10" LOP (I think), but we are getting the shorter one that is adjustable to 8". There are two other places that are designing alu adjustable LOP for juniors, but they won't be ready for a few months. One of the new ones will be at the JOs this spring.

Randy,