Which SCATT model?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

nester

Which SCATT model?

Post by nester »

I've noticed there are 2 major models of SCATT system (for the rifle on short distances) - SCATT USB and SCATT WS1.
See translated to English: http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... uct-matrix

The only difference is the rifle mounted sensor - wired OS-01 (for the USB) or wireless WS-01 (for the WS1).

Anyone used or can comment the difference? I could assume that wireless would be more convenient, but are there any drawbacks?
One obvious disadvantage - it costs about $250 more.

Also, anyone with SCATT in Toronto area? Please invite me ;)
mhkhung

Post by mhkhung »

I have the USB version in Toronto.. I haven't used the wireless one, but at least there is no USB cable hanging I suppose.. to me it's not a big deal.
AAlex

Post by AAlex »

Someone said on the Russian shooting forums that the wireless model has been discontinued due to being sucky.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I too thought the wireless version fell over with technical problems. I'd stick with the Scatt USB personally. The non hanging cable is more of an advantage in pistol than rifle but even then it's not a problem.

Rob.
nester

Post by nester »

Thanks - I've got the idea.
taz

Post by taz »

I am thinking about buying a Scatt.
Almost 2 years have passed since this thread started so I thought I would ask if the situation is the same (wireless scatt not dependable) or have the problems of the wireless version been solved?
I have never used an system like Scatt before. Is the wire hanging from the sensor a problem when training with air pistol?

Thanks
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

taz wrote:I am thinking about buying a Scatt.
Almost 2 years have passed since this thread started so I thought I would ask if the situation is the same (wireless scatt not dependable) or have the problems of the wireless version been solved?
I have never used an system like Scatt before. Is the wire hanging from the sensor a problem when training with air pistol?

Thanks
The wire isn't a problem - most people hang it around their neck which keeps it from 'hanging'.

Rob.
taz

Post by taz »

Thanks,

I just placed my order for the USB model.
Hopefully next week it will be here so I can start using it.