It's Cold! What do I do with my ammo?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

It's Cold! What do I do with my ammo?

Post by Guest »

What do I do with my ammo while I'm shooting (the open box, and the supply I brought with me) outside during the winter?

Abi
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

I always try to keep my ammo at room temperature, but cold isn't as bad as hot. Keep your ammo in a cooler (no ice please) and it should be fine. For extended storage, make sure it's in a climate controlled environment.

While shooting, keep ammo in the cooler until you need another box and you'll be fine.
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Put it in your pocket. Body heat will keep it in good shape.

Post by Guest »

Thanks Guys!

-Abi
brent morgan

bloop tube

Post by brent morgan »

where would i find a bloop tube and about how much are they?
Also in your opion would it be good thing to get one or no?
Would it bring up my score by a lot of points like 5 or only 1 or 2.
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

Brent,

I suggest folks wait until they can clean conventional targets on a regular basis before getting a bloop tube. Increasing your sight radius can be beneficial if you have a solid hold. But if you're just starting out, the added movement you see can be frustrating.

You can get bloop tubes from a number of places. I have a friend nearby who makes them. His name on here is BJ. Drop him a PM and he can get you what you need.
Packard

Post by Packard »

And don't load a warm gun with cold ammo. You will end up with condensation in the chamber.