Winter Airgun scores

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Winter Airgun scores

Post by Rover »

Oz

Post by Oz »

Rover, do you think you'll ever attend WAG? There are a couple guys from the Phoenix/Tucson area who know you pretty well. But they wouldn't give me any kind of scoop on you. They said I have to go to Phoenix and shoot a PTO to meet you. I'm guessin' that you're in a witness protection program.

Oz
Rover

Post by Rover »

What do you expect from a Brooklyn guinea?

Actually, I have shot there when it was 3X Air. I was thinking next year (or so the Princess of Power informs me).

As for shooting the PTO here in Phoenix, it delights the locals to see the "old fart" kick butt. Or not. Either way they're delighted.

As a sort of PS, I received my Nov/Dec issue of USA Shooting today. They had a couple of the most useful articles on pistol shooting I've ever seen.

For those who are not a member, you are missing some of the best literature on the subject available written by winning shooters. It would answer most of the questions I see here on TT.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

3X Air was fun. Winter Airgun Championship is serious stuff. Haven't been to WAG,but maybe next year.
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

Fred Mannis wrote:3X Air was fun. Winter Airgun Championship is serious stuff.
Sheesh, if that was serious then I need to recalibrate my "seriousness" meter. Unfortunately, I never made it down to 3x Air so I guess it could all be perspective.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Winter Airgun is not serious. It is just fun. The only pressure I have ever felt at a shooting match is the pressure I have put on myself. I am learning not to do that. :-)
Misny

Post by Misny »

Thanks for the link, Rover. Those were some fine scores at the top. As far as match pressure goes, I'll just say that anyone who doesn't experience match pressure hasn't been in the situation of contending for the win. The key is how we deal with match pressure.