New Shooting Club at Harvard

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

pilkguns
Site Admin

New Shooting Club at Harvard

Post by pilkguns »

Finprof

Harvard Shooting Club

Post by Finprof »

Thanks for posting this. My university had ROTC, a rifle team, and an indoor range when I joined it in 1985. The team and the range are gone. There is also a new rule prohibiting the possession of firearms on campus by students, faculty, or staff. I used to keep my S&W 41 in my office desk.
Princeton also got rid of its range but still has the rifle team. It practices in a local club.
It is interesting that the gun club at Harvard started with Law students. Last year a group of friends from Columbia University Law School had a shooting bachelor party before going to Atlantic City for gambling and hookers. I took them for trap, bullseye pistol and bench rest rifle. None had ever shot anything before and all had a really good time even before the gambling and hookers.

There is hope.

Re: Harvard Shooting Club

Post by Guest »

Finprof wrote:Last year a group of friends from Columbia University Law School had a shooting bachelor party before going to Atlantic City for gambling and hookers. I took them for trap, bullseye pistol and bench rest rifle. None had ever shot anything before and all had a really good time even before the gambling and hookers.

There is hope.
Hmmmm .... I can see the wheels turning in the minds of ISSF on how to boost television viewership
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

That's good news. I learned to shoot Bullseye at the Harvard Pistol Club and spent many a happy hour at the range. That was when 22LR ammo was $0.25/box :-)