2 stage trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
keith

2 stage trigger

Post by keith »

what is the correct way to set a 2 stage trigger? should you feel any take-up ? or should it just feel like a glass rod ?
keith

Post by keith »

I should probaly restate my ? . My Izzy has a 2 stage trigger and I basicly have it adjusted so it feels as it's a single stage , no creep and breaks as a glass rod.......Is it better to set a trigger that way or 2 stage for 10m stuff .....it had some take up as it came from the factory ...but now has none that I can feel .......what do you competitors feel? is it better to have it 2 stage or 1 very crisp clean stage.......?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Some people like two stage triggers then there are some that don't. You're really the only one that can assess that.
David M

Post by David M »

Depends on what the pistol is, and what match I am setting it up for !
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

My opinion is that 2 stages are there for a reason. I think you will get better trigger control having a firm gap between 1st and 2nd, so you can sit on the second and fire the shot with a smaller change in pressure. But others will disagree. As mentioned in posts above though, evaluate both options properly and see what suits you.

Rob.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I agree thats the whole purpose of the two stage trigger. It's to let you effectively have a lower weight trigger pull to activate the trigger, so that the lighter second stage hopefully shouldn't disturb the sights.

That said I've shot guns with great single stage triggers (bad ones too) and horrible or horribly adjusted two stage triggers. So I do think it still is somewhat a personal preference. If you're just starting out as long as it makes weight and is reasonably adjusted I personally would fiddle fart with it. Shoot for awhile and learn what is is you want and like then make the adjustments. There are some that spend most of their time looking for the magic adjustment or magic piece of gear. If you can shoot other peoples guns and as many as you can you will learn quickly what you like and don't like in a trigger.
Clintw

Two stage trigger

Post by Clintw »

I have an IZH-35m as well but don't think it has a true two stage trigger. The first stage on the 35m adds a length of pull but not a weight. All the weight is on the second stage. At least the 35m gives some adjustable first stage option compared to Rugers or 41's. Someday I'll get to fiddle with higher end 22's.

Clint