Challenger PCP

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Levergun59

Challenger PCP

Post by Levergun59 »

Are the Challanger PCP's by Crosman competitive out of the box? I have a junior shooter who shoots 4P 22 rifle and will shoot Highpower and Palma next year. Could he go to State with this rifle? Just want a few opinions from this learned crowd. Thanks in advance.
Chris
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

What will they be competing against? While anything could be considered capable in the right hands if it was me shooting one for competition I would be hoping no one else had a different rifle. The problem with trying to make a fair opinion is that even a $500 rifle will never compare to the upper end rifles. Maybe a kid wouldn't know any better or have formed opinions that would matter but I would have to say there are better choices to be had like a Air Arms S200 for instance.

Good luck to the kid..

Bo
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

The are competitive, right out of the box .... in the sporter category. Their triggers are designed for sporter rules (1.5lb minimum) and their stocks are really adjustable for LOP.

They are not "Olympic" style precision airguns, but they will hold a tenring and shoot well
GCSInc

Depends on which State

Post by GCSInc »

Go to State, or Win State? We have 11 Crosmans, and I like the CH 2009, but it's a Sporter, and we consider that intermediate at best in a State dominated by very good Precision Athletes / Teams. There are 126 High School Varsity Rifle Teams and about 50 4H Rifle Clubs in Georgia. High School Teams are open competition as far as the Rifle goes, Sporter or Precision, it's all the same.

It's not a bad starter Rifle, but neither is the Daisy 753 / 853, at half or less the cost.

Good Luck, and Good Shooting.

Roy McClain
Georgia
GCSInc

Post by GCSInc »

P.S. - We have two AirForce Edges that we're evaluating... Jury is still out. More to follow.

Roy McClain - EODTNT1@aol.com
Georgia
Levergun59

Post by Levergun59 »

Thank you gentlemen for all your replies. Just wanted to let you know his level of competence. He shoots 135's in 100yd palma prone. most are x's and 10's with a few big fliers. Indoor he shoots 90 prone. Sitting and kneeling he shoots low 80's. Standing is a disaster. He needs a lot of work standing and a much lighter rifle ergo the airgun. He will probably do a lot of growing next year as he is 5'1" 110lbs and I am 6'4" 230. I was 5'2 my sophmore year and just took off. He is a freshman. He has a lot of patience and listens well to his coaches. He will be working next summer as a Boy Scout Range Officer for 8 weeks. Oh the joy. Thanks again.
Chris
silentfury214

Post by silentfury214 »

Don't put the PCP down, i just came back from the Gary Anderson Invitational and in my relay, all but 3 shot the challenger. Now i will never own one mainly because they were having to refill after every position, but they seemed to perform well.