Cleaning of a Pardini SP.22

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

TDOC

Cleaning of a Pardini SP.22

Post by TDOC »

I'm new to bullseye shooting and love it.
I just bought a Pardini SP .22 and was looking for the best way to maintain this great pistol. I do not want to do anything to damage it. It's not your average .22. Thank you.
PFribley

Pardini

Post by PFribley »

I have an HP. The users manual is the best advice for cleaning. I love my HP. Have fun shppting 10s.
Fred Mannis

Pardini

Post by Fred Mannis »

I have a Pardini .22 and it requires little cleaning - after a match (90 shots) I use a tooth brush to clean the bolt face, extractor and breech. Take a .25 cal bronze brush and bend the tip 90 deg. the length of the short leg should be no longer than a 22 case. Use this to clean the chamber, then a PatchWorm or similar pull through to remove debris. Every 500 rounds or so I disassemble and clean the magazines, and remove the barrel shroud to remove and thoroughly clean the bolt, extractor and firing pin.
My model is over 20 years old and is still going strong
FDIC

Cleaning a pardini sp

Post by FDIC »

Thank you!! I have been told to use mineral spirits as a cleaner by the people at Larry's guns? Also to use break free as a lubricant. What about the barrel? Is it ok to use a brass brush? Any lube in it. Really thankful for any further imput. The Pardini is a great pistol I won't need to ever up grade so that's why I invested in it. I just don't want to do anything that may have an impact on the accuracy. Thanks again.
TDOC

Cleaning a Pardini sp

Post by TDOC »

The last entry was from me Tdoc. It posted me as a guest?
Fred Mannis

Re: Cleaning a pardini sp

Post by Fred Mannis »

FDIC wrote:Thank you!! I have been told to use mineral spirits as a cleaner by the people at Larry's guns? Also to use break free as a lubricant. What about the barrel? Is it ok to use a brass brush? Any lube in it. Really thankful for any further imput. The Pardini is a great pistol I won't need to ever up grade so that's why I invested in it. I just don't want to do anything that may have an impact on the accuracy. Thanks again.
Everyone has their own preferences for cleaning & lubricating chemicals. Really no need to use any solvents unless you are stripping the gun. Wetting a q-tip with rem oil or TSI 301 is usually sufficient if brushing doesn't do the job. A few drops to lubricate the bolt is good. I like TSI 321 as a solvent since it won't hurt plastic. I use it when cleaning the mags.

.22 pistol barrels require very little cleaning. I would never use a brass/bronze bore brush, except as noted for the chamber. A pull through with patches is usually sufficient. VFG plain cleaning pellets also work well. Wet with TSI 301 or Rem oil followed by some dry patches/pellets. I use a VFG intensive cleaning pellet if there is a need to remove any lead build up. Perhaps every 500-1000 rounds.
TDOC

pardini cleaning

Post by TDOC »

I will follow your technique. Thanks for taking the time.