walther cpm-1 misfire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Starbuck

walther cpm-1 misfire

Post by Starbuck »

I have a Walther cpm-1 I recently purchased used and the pistol has about 1000 shots through it that I have done. It has started firing when cocked (by pulling back the cocking lever to arm it) when the the breech is closed (on lowering the cocking lever). I am not touching the trigger. The cocking lever has some side to side play and when I close the lever with an inward vector component the pistol will misfire. If I have any outward vector component the pistol will fir normally. I just did a provincial competition and the trigger passed inspection (500 gram lift). I took off the grip last night and there seems to be no adjustment. Any ideas? It is not misfiring now as long as I slowly close the breech.

Starbuck
BEA

Post by BEA »

I do not know what you mean by "outward vector component", but you might get out your owners manual and see which screw gives you more engagement. In addition, with my CPM 1, I have noticed that if the velocity screw is turned in too far, to increase the fps, this also will keep the sear from engaging properly and it will fire as you have described. Do you have an owners manual?
ghilt

Misfire

Post by ghilt »

Misadjustment of the preload on the sear would also make the trigger quite twitchy. This adjustment is shown but not addressed in the manual and there is usually red lacquer applied at the factory to seal this adjustment screw. In the manuals from other pistols in the CP series, there is a "Do Not Touch" warning for this screw. Without any Good Words in gospal according to Walther you might try increasing the preload with this unlabeled trigger adjustment and see if the "twitchyness" is eliminated.