Anschutz 2007 Barrel weight ONLY Needed

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Anschutz 2007 Barrel weight ONLY Needed

Post by Guest »

I need to know the weight of just the barrel on the Anschutz 2007 barrel (the one that comes with the 660 action) to the nearest ounce.

Thank you
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

to the nearest ounce
Hmm, that's a tricky one. The trouble is that Anschutz barrels are metric and the weights only available in grams.

Rutty

Weight in grams

Post by Guest »

If they aren't going to be in ounces can I please get the weight in grams? I will just convert it. It also must be barrel ONLY.

Thank you
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

If they aren't going to be in ounces can I please get the weight in grams? I will just convert it. It also must be barrel ONLY.
Unfortunately it's not a simple as that. The metric barrels are standard, if you want one that's weighed in ounces they are only produced to special order, and they cost more.

Rutty
robf

Post by robf »

barrel and action weighs 3.2kg, so if you have that, take barrel off, weigh receiver only, subtract from 3.2, result = barrel weight. Convert to ounces. Allow for gravity variations across globe of course.
peterz

Post by peterz »

Unfortunately it's not a simple as that. The metric barrels are standard, if you want one that's weighed in ounces they are only produced to special order, and they cost more.

That cannot be true. The shooter wants to know the weight of a barrel. Undoubtedly a designer working outside the USA will specify everything in metric and weigh the barrel in metric. But it would be an odd designer indeed who specified a barrel to have a predetermined weight in grams. Close to a target weight, but not exactly -- a range would be specified.

For the purpose, the design weight will probably do. Otherwise the barrel to be used would have to be weighed. Weights in grams can be converted to weights in US ounces by multiplying by 0.0352739619 . (dividing by 28.3495). And weights in US ounces can be converted...

Post by Guest »

Rutty wrote:

Rutty
Does no one get that he is making a joke...
peterz

Post by peterz »

Does no one get that he is making a joke...?
No. Must be that subtle British humour.
GG

Post by GG »

I use to e-mail the manufacturer when I need a correct answer. They ususally know the most about their own products...