Question about an older Anschuetz 54 Match trigger

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Andyd

Question about an older Anschuetz 54 Match trigger

Post by Andyd »

Hi everybody,

I have a pre- 1980 Anschuetz 54 Match trigger that I know little about. I would be grateful for any hints of what I have exactly, as well as a price idea.

Thanks.

Andyd

Post by Andyd »

I had 60 views and nobody to give me a hint of the value at least. Would asking $135 be too much? That is what I had in mind.

I have done some internet research and found no used 54M triggers for sale, so I am at a loss.

I'd appreciate your feedback!
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

All I can say is that my 1413 had one of those on it when I bought it. (or something very similar anyway).

I took the rifle to be serviced by the Anschutz techs at Bisley (during the National Championships back in 1997) and they took the trigger off, threw it in the bin and replaced it with a new one for the princely sum of £5.

I think I got a bargain there !!!

K.

P.S. Mine is a '77 X series 1413...
Last edited by KennyB on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
justadude

Post by justadude »

This is a single stage Anschutz trigger. This style trigger was what was installed on the 1407 and 1411 rifles (or similar variants). This is also 14xx specific not 14xx/18xx generic or the 14xx with the last character in the serial number being an X. (the 16xx series although they were never marketed that way.)

The other way to identify the proper action was the "wing" safety on the bolt.

The rifle would come with three different tension springs to adjust the trigger from a range of about 1 pound to a little over 3 pounds (for you english unit folks) (500 to 1500 grams for the metric folks)

From this picture the trigger appears to be missing a small spring that fits into a small hole in the top of the sear lever. Not sure if that spring would be available separate or not but without that spring the trigger is not complete and the action may be unsafe without it. (Never tried one of the actions with that spring missing.)

About 2 years ago I purchased a complete one used in excellent condition from Neal Johnson's Gunsmithing Inc. for $150. (Neal has since closed up shop) Consider he was a storefront new retail and consignment operation so his prices would be a little higher than just a Buy, Sell, Trade board. Anyhow, you ask about $135, not out of reason but with the small spring I described missing the unit is not really complete so that may be high.

Bottom line, post it and see what someone will pay.

'Dude
justadude

Post by justadude »

Oh yeah,

This trigger has no backtravel adjuster. This is either a very early unit (1960s or earlier) or it was removed somewhere along the line.

'Dude
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Thanks a lot for your replies, guys. I have a similiar trigger on an old 54 mil trainer from 1956 and just want to sell a few unused items off that I have in my parts drawers to fund a nice hunting rifle for my son. He is still in college and ready for a nice rifle, so I want to get him a CZ 452 full stocked rifle.
Guess I will post the trigger up here tonight or tomorrow for a little less than $135.

Thanks again,

Andy

Post by Guest »

From this picture the trigger appears to be missing a small spring that fits into a small hole in the top of the sear lever. Not sure if that spring would be available separate or not but without that spring the trigger is not complete and the action may be unsafe without it. (Never tried one of the actions with that spring missing.)
I checked the sear lever and there seems to be no hole drilled for the spring, so I guess it might be an earlier model without one.
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Somehow my cookies were blocked but that was me, stating that there is no hole in the sear lever.