Pardini SP without the PP screw?!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jabberwo

Pardini SP without the PP screw?!

Post by jabberwo »

Hi,

Armed with all the diagrams available on the web, the manual, and Don Nygord's famous write up, I tackled adjusting my SP's trigger last night. Well, right of the bat I was in trouble! Like a good little engineer I read through everything first and made sure I had all the "parts".

Well, I found one that was missing -- my pistol does NOT have the screw labeled PP in all the diagrams! Simply does not have one. I removed the rear sight; no screw, no hole, zip. Curiously, my PG screw has a spring inserted in it, which I don't see in the diagrams.

I bought this used from someone who bought it used, and so on. It was imported by Don Nygord's company. I've checked every manual on the Pardini web site-- all of the mechanical triggers mentioned have a PP screw. Could I have something that predates all of them?!

By the way, I still got a 2 stage trigger at 2.2# so I'm glad for all the info here! I'd just like a little more of it to be in the first stage...

cheers,
Chuck
william

Post by william »

Which screw is PP? I haven't had a Pardini manual to look at for a long time. If it is the 2nd stage weight adjustment, you are OK. On the older pistols, the 2nd stage weight was adjusted via a concentric Allen screw inside one of the slotted screws ahead of the trigger. I'm guessing it's inside the 2nd stage pull length adjustment screw, but that's only a guess.

Warning: the 1st stage is not just take-up; it provides the sear engagement. The 2nd stage is merely a spring loaded detent, so if you want to get a single stage trigger you must dial out the 2nd stage not the 1st!

Good luck. Please report results.
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

william wrote:Which screw is PP? ... the 2nd stage weight was adjusted via a concentric Allen screw inside one of the slotted screws
The PP screw is shown as being accessed from the top of the frame. In parts diagrams it shows the hole and the screw. I have neither hole nor screw. The description of PP is a screw that presses down on one half of a V shaped spring, increasing the 1st stage weight. What I have instead is 2 pieces with slots and the spring passing through the slots. I'm wondering if one of those 2 pieces rotates, but I pressed as hard as I dared (which wasn't hard) and it didn't budge.

I've got the 2nd stage weight. That's PS inside of CS.

cheers
william

Post by william »

Turn your pistol upside down, please. Do you see a second pair that looks just like PS inside CS? If so, then the inner Allen screw is the one you're after. If not, a call to Larry Carter may be in order (if you're in the US).
ronpistolero

pp screw on the pardini

Post by ronpistolero »

Am not sure of this, yours being of an older model. When I adjusted the trigger on my Pardini, I nearly could not find that screw too. Its a very small hole just right in front of the mount of the rear sight. Just insert the smallest allen key and turn slowly and feel it pop inside the screw. I hope that helps.
jabberwo

Pardini cleared it up

Post by jabberwo »

Hi,

Just to let y'all know, Alberto Trincia at Pardini kindly answered an email and said my pistol was made in '97 (first year?) and provided me with a PDF manual, which is this one on their download page.

From the cutaway, PP is one of the screws under the trigger, and there is a 4th one I don't recall seeing, probably because I have my trigger as far forward as possible.

cheers,
Jab