LP50 and dry-fire magazine

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jer

LP50 and dry-fire magazine

Post by jer »

I tried 5-shot dry-fireing magazine of LP50 and gun released gas with that. Is that ok? I have not any instructions how to use that magazine. With dyr-fireing I understand releasing trigger does not release gas.
Tom Amlie

Post by Tom Amlie »

It still releases gas to cycle (to re-cock the trigger and get the magazine to go forward).
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

You certainly would not want to use it during the preparation time for an ISSF match; a warning for the first release of gas and 2 point penalty for each subsequent one.

Post by Guest »

Firing with the dry fire mag replicates actual fire but without the pellet... sound, recoil and gas release.

If you want to simply dry fire - don't put in a mag - just squeeze away to your heart's content... no sound (apart from a click), no recoil no gas release.

enjoy

Paul
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:If you want to simply dry fire - don't put in a mag - just squeeze away to your heart's content... no sound (apart from a click), no recoil no gas release.
...but you will have to re-cock the pistol between clicks.

I haven't tried it but presume you don't have to re-cock on the LP50e

Post by Guest »

David Levene wrote:
Anonymous wrote:If you want to simply dry fire - don't put in a mag - just squeeze away to your heart's content... no sound (apart from a click), no recoil no gas release.
...but you will have to re-cock the pistol between clicks.

I haven't tried it but presume you don't have to re-cock on the LP50e

That's right, with the Lp50e just turn on the electrics, don't put in a magazine, and just squeeze away.