Cleaning Pardini SP trigger group

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jabberwo

Cleaning Pardini SP trigger group

Post by jabberwo »

I've noticed the trigger pull on my Pardini SP (an older model) has gotten a little heavier. Before I just adjust the screws, I wondered about cleaning out the trigger group. NO manual I find for the SP talks about it. Nor does google find anything. Anyone ever attempt it? What did you use? Any tips before I dive in?!

thanks,
Jab
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I have shot an older Pardini SP, ca. 2003 versio, and have never needed to touch the trigger group. Unlike myn older Wlather GSP which has a removeable trigger I am retiscent to do anyh work on the Pardini trigger.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I just blow any dirt or powder debris out using a "duster" can from a photo store. My wife's has about 10,000 rounds through it, and it has never had any issues.
zoned

Re: Cleaning Pardini SP trigger group

Post by zoned »

jabberwo wrote:I've noticed the trigger pull on my Pardini SP (an older model) has gotten a little heavier.
Before you start tweaking the trigger settings, remove the grips and bolt and then flush out the guts with Tri-Flow. Be generous and hose it down. Then, blow out the excess T-F with compressed air. That will clean off the crud and smooth the trigger. Repeat about every 2500 rounds.

http://tinyurl.com/29bpqnh
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I went to practice today, and my Pardini SP New trigger started acting up occasionally during sustained fire. After firing a shot, the "recovery" of the trigger felt rough, and the 1st stage of the next squeeze felt the same. What's worse, it then failed to fire. At first, I thought I hadn't allowed the trigger to go back far enough (which I haven't done in 20 or 30 years). Deliberately releasing the trigger again worked once, but not a second time. Pulling a third time finally got it to fire. This would be very nasty in a match, because if I called for an alibi, I bet it would fire when the range officer tried it. It acted up only twice in 60 shots.

Dry firing felt OK, and a visual inspection didn't how anything obvious. It didn't appear to be especially dirty, and I had blown out the trigger section the week before with compressed air to remove loose powder. It worked fine in a match a few days later.

I took it home this evening, flushed out the hammer/sear area with TS301, and then blew it out with compressed air. I put a tiny bit of grease on the hammer, sear and trigger bar pressure points, and it feels fine now. I'll take it to the range tomorrow for a quick test. I have a match the following day.

Nothing appears to be physically broken. I can only hope that a bit of dirt got someplace critical, although I can't figure out where it would have been to produce the symptoms I experienced.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks!