Sight image of AP rapid fire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jer

Sight image of AP rapid fire

Post by jer »

What is recommended sighting image for AP rapid fire? In .22 rapid fire many people use center hold - not sub six hold. How about AP rapid fire?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

What targets are you using; there is no ISSF AP Rapid Fire event (on 5 ring type targets).

In the UK we shoot 10m AP Rapid Fire using scaled down 25m Rapid targets. You can therefore use the same sight picture.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I think he's probably talking about the 10m Standard Air Pistol event which is shot on regular 10m targets or the 10m Five Target event. Section 8.20

For the falling plate center hold is probably easiest and I would try it for the Standard Event too. I'm sure either could be used so try them out and see which one works best for yourself.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Richard H wrote:For the falling plate center hold is probably easiest and I would try it for the Standard Event too. I'm sure either could be used so try them out and see which one works best for yourself.
For the Standard event I would use the same sight picture as you would for the normal 60 shot AP match. 5 shots in 10 seconds on 1 target, especially if using a gun with virtually no recoil like the LP5/50, is plenty of time for 5 carefully aimed and executed shots.

I used to use a centre hold for the 5 target event but, with the same size black as the normal AP target and the ultra low recoil, have migrated to sub-six. Mind you, I only shoot it a couple of times a year, just for fun.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

Kruger offers what appears to be a scaled down RF target

Their items 3260 and 3261 have different size bullseyes. I assume the 3260 is the properly scaled-down 25m target.

http://www.krueger-targets.com/sch_en_a ... istol+10+m
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I have an air pistol rapid fire target, with 5 bulls in a line. It's buried in the basement at the moment & I'm heading for bed. I'll try to find it & check it for a vendor name tomorrow.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

TomAmlie wrote:I assume the 3260 is the properly scaled-down 25m target.
Visually 3259 is correct. The scoring rings are probably approximately 2mm too big (on diameter) after allowing for the reduced calibre, but a direct score-for-score comparison would be meaningless so I don't think that matters.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote: For the Standard event I would use the same sight picture as you would for the normal 60 shot AP match. 5 shots in 10 seconds on 1 target, especially if using a gun with virtually no recoil like the LP5/50, is plenty of time for 5 carefully aimed and executed shots.

I used to use a centre hold for the 5 target event but, with the same size black as the normal AP target and the ultra low recoil, have migrated to sub-six. Mind you, I only shoot it a couple of times a year, just for fun.
Like David, I use sub-6 hold for both falling plate and standard. As mentioned 10M RF on scaled targets is the same visually as theproper 25M event, so I use centre aim for that. As previously mentioned though, try both and see what works for you.

Rob.

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Gwhite wrote:I have an air pistol rapid fire target, with 5 bulls in a line.
Interesting. I presume it's for a range shorter than 10m. For 10m it would have to be 1420mm long.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

David Levene wrote:
Interesting. I presume it's for a range shorter than 10m. For 10m it would have to be 1420mm long.
Perhaps he's referring to one of the "insert strips" that include 5 "regular" AP bulls (black only) in a row.
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

useless post, sorry :)
jer

Kruger 3261

Post by jer »

We use in Finland Kruger 3261. That has horizontal lines like normal target. It would be logical to use those white lines but in airpistol ranges lighting is usually too low.

Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

TomAmlie wrote:
David Levene wrote:
Perhaps he's referring to one of the "insert strips" that include 5 "regular" AP bulls (black only) in a row.
Aha! Right you are! They were given to me when I mentioned I had a Steyr LP50, with the recommendation that I try shooting rapid fire on them. However, they are NOT rapid fire air gun targets. They are 5 regulation 10 meter bulls (just the blacks).

Sorry for any confusion.