FWB 300 Buffer Source

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

gzig5

FWB 300 Buffer Source

Post by gzig5 »

I recently picked up a FWB 300 at a show. The exterior is in rough shape, but I got a decent deal on it or so I thought. It shot great for about thirty shots and then it dropped one 2" low and the next one didn't come out. It seems that the 38 year old piston buffer has fallen apart. Our host lists the part, but is currently out of stock and they are looking for a source. In case they are not able to find a source, does anybody have a piston buffer they would sell me or know of a source?

Failing that, if all the parts have dried up, I'll make one on the lathe. Does anyone know the durometer rating/hardness of the buffer material? I'm assuming it is urethane because it is more pliable than the delrin or UHMW I have on hand.

Greg
peterz

Post by peterz »

Assuming they have the parts, still, FWB itself will sell you the part at a fair price. I had to chase an O-ring there a few weeks ago. They will take a credit card.

www.feinwerkbau.de
Cones

Post by Cones »

gzig5

Post by gzig5 »

Mark,
Thank you for the leads. I had searched ebay but missed the Nikkonos one. Depending on the shipping, they may be a little cheaper. I found out yesterday though that Pilkingtons will have them in stock in two weeks so I am staying with my committment to order from them.
Greg