Scatt USB running on Ipad?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Brian James

Scatt USB running on Ipad?

Post by Brian James »

Has anyone managed to run a Scatt Trainer USB on an IPAD (using iPad Camera Connection Kit or similar product?) I’m asking because I thought it might be a good combination for people who are traveling a lot to train while on the road?

I suspect a netbook is the likely way to go, but I thought I’d ask about the Ipad(I don’t think the Iphone 4 is an option, but who knows…)

Brian

Post by Guest »

The short answer is no. Why, because iPad doesn't use Windows, it doesn't even use the same operating system as a Mac. I'm sure the hardware is capable but without the right operating system it's not going to happen.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I had hoped there may have been a widows emulator or work around.

thanks for the response,

brian
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

They (SCATT) have to completely rewrite their application for iPad as iPad has an operating system writen and compiled for its ARM architecture. Also its ARM architecture means no serious Windows emulator. Your best shot are netbooks like Asus eee or similar running windows XP / Windows Vista. They are very small and light and tey have sufficient battery life. I have a RIKA and if i have to use it somewhere else besides my home i have a used laptop to connect it to.