Free-Pistol grips for a LP50E?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

You'll find Larry tends to say what suits him not necessarily the truth.
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

You should try the "distributor" for Greece.
Mr Rink sells directly, 166 euro +12 shipping, 3-4 weeks delay.
The "distributor" asked for 250 euro last time I checked, with the same 3-4 weeks delay.
jipe

Post by jipe »

barbados wrote:Just to add closure to this thread, Mr. Rink has agreed to make custom free-pistol grips for the LP50E.

He said "no problem, that's what we're here for".

US$365 delivered from Germany. Just about what I thought.

Thanks to you all for you prodding me to contact Mr. Rink directly. Just because their North American distributor says "no", does not necessary mean 'no', yes? ;)

-dave-
There is no benefit to buy from a distributor since there are anyway no grips in stock (impossible to stock all models, sizes, parameters variations). Thomas Rink can also much better help to find out the right size+parameters.

The price asked is also a very good price: it is more or less the price of a standard free pistol grip (these are more expansive than AP and SP grips, what is normal since they are more complex to make) -> no extra costs added for a special grip.
superstring

Post by superstring »

Hey Dave, do you think you could post a picture (or 2) of the grip when it arrives? :-)
barbados

Post by barbados »

Absolutely! Mr. Rink is going on holiday for a couple of weeks starting this Friday and he said in 4, or so, weeks after that it will be done.

Hopefully I'll have the pistol by then and I can put everything together.

I'll dig this thread up and post a couple of pix.

-dave-
barbados

Update.....

Post by barbados »

I got the pistol, but not the grip.

I tried the free pistol grip (again) that our club member had and it would need some serious relief on the lower half of the grip enclosure to work comfortably in the creedmore position.

Initially, I didn’t take the time to consider using it in a 60 shot match, but it wouldn’t be comfortable.

I have to admit that the standard grip that comes with the LP50e is satisfactory.

I am also pleased with the e-trigger. Very smooth and repeatable. I shot a 40 x 40 with it the first day.

Thank you all for the help, sorry it was for naught, but it’s nice to know there is a place to go that has astute, patient members willing to help.

My best to you all.

OregonMike

Post by OregonMike »

Hi Dave,
Do you still wanrt this grip? Mine can be purchased. I'll bring to the next match.
Mike
Rover

Post by Rover »

I'm not really too knowledgeable on this subject, but the silhouette shooters I know were using the "taco" hold. That was fairly straight up and down with the pistol very close to the face using two hands and the arms held tight against the body. I don't think a free pistol grip would lend itself to that approach, but perhaps you have something else entirely in mind.
OregonMike

Post by OregonMike »

Taco hold while standing worked great. It's the Creedmore position that caused the grip to be uncomfortable.
Mike
barbados

Post by barbados »

Thanks, Mike, but for as beautiful as it is, I'll have to pass on it.

I looked earlier in this thread and the question was asked why I didn't buy a Steyr LP-S (silhouette) instead of the LP-5e and I said I was under the impression that the barrel was too long to meet IHMSA length requirements.

I was wrong. Our Range Master, Steve Ware, contacted Steyr directly and posed the length question to them and they took a series of photos with a calibrated/measured rod showing that the length was indeed within requirements.

So, I was compelled to order an LP-S from Scott P. It may be here by early May and I have another identical Leupold 4X scope arriving at about the same time. Scott is also converting the LP-S to semi-auto (5-shot mag) for me.

Looking forward to playing with the new combo.

-dave-