Walther LGM-1

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

topclass52

Walther LGM-1

Post by topclass52 »

I am trying to mount a scope on a Walther LGM-1 for indoor benchrest. My problem is the lever that closes the loading gate is so long that its upward arcing movement (to cock the rifle) is impinged by scope mounts on the short dovetail other than at the very rear end of the dovetail, limiting installation of only one mount which is not good.

Has anyone hade a similar experience? Your solution? Are there better alternatives other than scope riser blocks?

thanks for your help!

topclass2017@comcast.net
henry1

Post by henry1 »

turn the scope sideways with the right side of the body scope knob is going to be on the top and the top scope knob is on the left side of the scope when it mounted on the rifle with standard rifle scope mounts ..

this way the loading lever is beening able to clear the scope body and you can be able to load the rifle easly..
henry1

Post by henry1 »

here is some pictures of the a walther air rifle set up in a brenchrest club in germany
Attachments
0265xn.jpg
0265xn.jpg (50.43 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
0275rk.jpg
0296dj.jpg
0321jd.jpg
topclass52

Walther LGM-1

Post by topclass52 »

my issue is not scope body clearance (I already turned the scope 90 degrees and switched the turret knobs to avoid this interference), but clearance from the rings themselves as the lever on an LGM1 is exceedingly long. And with dovetail only behind the loading port I cannot mount a second ring without preventing the loading lever from moving to its full and upright cocked position. I don't have this issue on my 300 Dominator (like the one pictured from Germany) as it as a dovetail both in front and in back of the loading port.
henry1

Post by henry1 »

how about a set of raiser scope block for the front and rear raiser set up ..
topclass

LGM1

Post by topclass »

I've considered riser blocks, but as I said in my first post, I was looking for another alternative. If there isn't one, that's which way I'll go.
Barney

Post by Barney »

Higher scope mounts ????
Finprof

Post by Finprof »

I have a Walther LG 300 XT that I use in Summer with a scope for silhouette and in Winter with iron sights for 10 meter. The action looks much like yours. Most scope rings will not fit, even high rings because the rings protrude too much on the right side. The only ring I found that would work is a BKL 257H. They are very thin from the groove clamp up to the ring. I generally like the Burris rings with inserts but even the high ones would not work because the bolt (lever) would hang up on the side of the ring.