Morini 162EI v. Morini 162EA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

hiermax wrote:To put this clear:
EA and EI are the SAME pistols. When the EI (stands for Elettronica Innesco - electronic trigger) was introduced in Germany in the early 1990s the German importer of the guns suggested to Morini to find a different designation for the gun due to the fact that in the German language EI has a comlete different meaning (the translation of EI is "egg"). And so Morini complied and produced the same gun with the differet label EA (which now means "Elektronischer Abzug" - electronic trigger in German).
So to make a long story short: No matter what is written on the gun (EI or EA) it´s always the same high quality product. Everything clear now?
Best regards
Max
PS: I´m German speaking but I own a Morini 162 EI without any problems ;-)
I'm speaking English :^) and this exactly the story as I have been told by Francesco and Marcus Gehmann
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

David Levene wrote:
hiermax wrote:And besides I hope that for the CM84E (my FP) Morini will change the kind of batteries, too. Because until now you have to buy the very rare and expensive 15V batteries for the 84E.
Max
I seem to remember that they need the extra "oomph" from the 15V battery to run the "light beam" safety.

AS posted in my Facebook pages from the World Championships, Morini had this on display that some inventive person came up with in their desperation
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 0807122815
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

If I remember correctly, Morini Competition is in Switzerland, north of the Alps...
Check your geography again - not all of Switzerland is north... - but no problem, no offense intended ;-)
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

pilkguns wrote:
David Levene wrote:
hiermax wrote:And besides I hope that for the CM84E (my FP) Morini will change the kind of batteries, too. Because until now you have to buy the very rare and expensive 15V batteries for the 84E.
Max
I seem to remember that they need the extra "oomph" from the 15V battery to run the "light beam" safety.

AS posted in my Facebook pages from the World Championships, Morini had this on display that some inventive person came up with in their desperation
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 0807122815
That´s good news ;-))))
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Probably not going to work in the 102E, especially not in RF...
FredB

15V battery

Post by FredB »

This type of battery - whether 15V or 12V - is simply a bunch of 1.5V button cells supported in a sheet metal tube. Ten cells gives you 15V, eight will give you 12V. It takes only a couple of the cells to go bad to make the battery's voltage dip into the unusable range.

I have "rebuilt" a number of 15V batteries by carefully dismantling, testing the individual cells, replacing the few that had gone weak or dead, and reassembling, held together with shrink tubing. Got lots more use out of the battery that way.

It wouldn't take much to fabricate a support tube, similar to the one in Scott's picture, that would hold ten button cells to get the full 15V. Of course the tube must be made of, or lined with, a dielectric material. Buy a bunch of the appropriate size button cells, and you're good to go.

HTH,
FredB
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

A couple of months ago I´ve (twice) placed a question (via email) related to the "battery problem" to Morini. And that´s the only negative experience I´ve made with Morini: Up to now I didn`t get any answer from them. It seems to me that they are absolutely not willing or able to answer. Steyr behaved completely different. They are very polite and engaged to satisfy their customers. The only way to get things right (concerning Morini issues) is to contact my favourite gun dealer where I´ve bought my Morinis. That´s a great pity.
Max
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Claim to be a 590+ shooter and they will fall over each other to talk to you, and send some flowers together with the answer to your question. As John Doe, you're nobody. They are not even interested in your money - else they would try to sell some of their new stuff. One of my (few) problems with Morini, and something other companies do MUCH better.
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

Tycho wrote:Claim to be a 590+ shooter and they will fall over each other to talk to you, and send some flowers together with the answer to your question. As John Doe, you're nobody. They are not even interested in your money - else they would try to sell some of their new stuff. One of my (few) problems with Morini, and something other companies do MUCH better.
Yes, I fully agree. It´s a strange company´s policy but it seems that it works, unfortunately.
Max
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, looking at their product lifecycles, and that of their competitors, I'm not so sure it works...
jipe

Post by jipe »

hiermax wrote:A couple of months ago I´ve (twice) placed a question (via email) related to the "battery problem" to Morini. And that´s the only negative experience I´ve made with Morini: Up to now I didn`t get any answer from them. It seems to me that they are absolutely not willing or able to answer. Steyr behaved completely different. They are very polite and engaged to satisfy their customers. The only way to get things right (concerning Morini issues) is to contact my favourite gun dealer where I´ve bought my Morinis. That´s a great pity.
Max
I contacted Morini by mail for questions about my CM22M RF and got a very fast answer.

I also phoned Morini for questions about FWB C25 CO2 to air conversion and also got fast answer including a quote by mail.

But I must add that I didn't use English. Actually on the phone I first tried to use English but dscovered that the person on the phone didn't speak English, I then switched to French and could discuss without any problems
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

jipe wrote:
hiermax wrote:A couple of months ago I´ve (twice) placed a question (via email) related to the "battery problem" to Morini. And that´s the only negative experience I´ve made with Morini: Up to now I didn`t get any answer from them. It seems to me that they are absolutely not willing or able to answer. Steyr behaved completely different. They are very polite and engaged to satisfy their customers. The only way to get things right (concerning Morini issues) is to contact my favourite gun dealer where I´ve bought my Morinis. That´s a great pity.
Max
I contacted Morini by mail for questions about my CM22M RF and got a very fast answer.

I also phoned Morini for questions about FWB C25 CO2 to air conversion and also got fast answer including a quote by mail.

But I must add that I didn't use English. Actually on the phone I first tried to use English but dscovered that the person on the phone didn't speak English, I then switched to French and could discuss without any problems
Well, and my problem is, that I cannot speak French, only German and English (and a littel Russian, but that´s worthless I guess ;-).
Until now I only tried to find an answer by emailing them. Maybe I should give them a call.
jipe

Post by jipe »

hiermax wrote:
jipe wrote:
Max

Well, and my problem is, that I cannot speak French, only German and English (and a littel Russian, but that´s worthless I guess ;-).
Until now I only tried to find an answer by emailing them. Maybe I should give them a call.
No, not worthless: Morini is in Switzerland, they speak the three official languages of Switzerland = Italian (they are located in the south, in the Italian speaking part of Switzerland), French and of course German !