Getting Rid of the Shine, Anschutz Precise Stock

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BJ

Getting Rid of the Shine, Anschutz Precise Stock

Post by BJ »

I am looking at purchasing a new stock and the Anschutz Precise stock is one of the choices at the top of my list. Overall, I really like the stock from what I have seen. The area of concern for me is that the pistol grip supposedly doesn't move forwards and backwards. Besides that like most people I don't like the shine!! This isn't a deal breaker by any means but I was wondering if anyone has been able to get rid of the shine somehow. Painting it or anodizing it come to mind but I don't know if they will stick to the shiny surface. Also has anyone tried bead blasting one. I know its got some kind of nano seal technology but I hate the shine. I am afraid that bead blasting might damage the stock.

Brian
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

I expect it is already anodized.
Brian Carstensen

Post by Brian Carstensen »

Powder coat it. The 2313 stocks are powder coated and from what i know it isn't too expensive.
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

well there are two problems with the stock. the trigger guard and the shine. the shine can be fixed. I have seen it with blue painters tape on it. the color looked GREAT!!
about the trigger guard. It is open in the front. and as per NRA rule 3.5 the rifle must have an effective trigger guard. at camp perry i heard some blue shirts talking about hoe the sling can possibly trip the trigger. they said they may have to ban the stock all together.
matt
Barney

Post by Barney »

Take the stupid bent bit of metal off of the pistol grip and install the factory replacement "Proper Trigger Gaurd" Anschutz make for the Precise stock.
Attachments
7006310.jpg
7006310.jpg (2.09 KiB) Viewed 1711 times