Match Guns- electronic air pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dhurt

Match Guns- electronic air pistol

Post by dhurt »

Pilkingtons photos of the air pistol final shows an air pistol that is, I think, a Match Guns electronic? Is that correct? What are the current opinions about this pistol (other than it is in final)? Thanks, Dwaine.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

yes it is Sergey CHERVYAKOVSKIY who has that MG-1E. a fellow shooter in my country let me shoot his and it is a very nice pistol. when i fired it i definitely felt the recoil but my guess is was just tuned at higher velocity. i really liked the trigger and the rake.sights are first class also.
Luftskytter-

Post by Luftskytter- »

I'm no reference, but I'm using the MG1E.
Works just fine, just a couple of small comments:

When dry-firing, the trigger/solenoid double-clicks every now and then.
Doesn't affect shooting.

You need a small Allen-key to change the battery (small/expensive 12 volt type). Battery is in front of trigger, so grip is adjustable.

Speed adjustment (hammer spring) has been a little unstable, tends to decrease. Loctite or similar helps.
"Normal" speed for this gun is pretty high, I haven't really tested how it groups at lower speed. As said in previous post, this may cause noticeable recoil. Air consumption is OK, no problem there.
The MG1E doen't have an absorber.
The mechanical MG1 model is quite similar, but I don't think a conversion is feasible without a major rebuild.

Overall, a very nice gun.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I previously posted this on Targettalk when a similar question came up:
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

" William,

This is my answer to your post on Targetshooting.ca

I suspect I'm the shooter you're speaking about as I've shot an MG1e at the last 2 CAGPs.

I used to shoot a Morini C162e and before that a Hammerli 480k and FWB 65.

Let me start of by saying I sold my Morini after owning the MG1e for several months. I find the trigger and rear sights to be superior to the Morini and any air pistol I’ve shot. The build quality is superb, and on par with most manufactures.

The balance of the pistol is quite forward in part because of the electronics are forward of the trigger guard.

I have yet to produce the same scores and results as I did with the Morini, but that is simply because I do not shoot a lot anymore. However, I still manage to produce my average number of 10s with the MG1e as I used to shoot with the Morini when trainning. This has led me to believe that the MG1e is a forgiving pistol – sort of like how people describe the Toz 35.

I don’t know many people who have the MG1e in Canada but I know there are two right now. The second one was purchased after they tried mine. Most people after trying the trigger simply smile and have this impressed look on their face. Styer and Morini dominate the Canadian market, but the MG1e should be considered. The mechanical trigger is very good as well – there are several mechanical MG1s in Canada.

Manufacture support has been fantastic in my experience. Simply email the company if you need anything.

I hope this helps, and if you would like any additional information please do not hesitate to ask me.

Brian"

gunnery

Post by gunnery »

Brian James wrote:
Manufacture support has been fantastic in my experience. Simply email the company if you need anything.
I own 3 matchguns: a Mg1, Mg2 and Mg5 all with mechanical trigger.
And now are there in my club: 3x Mg2, 4x Mg1, 3x Mg5
Some electronic, some mechanical.
An yes, somme had problems.....
But we were always very well supported by matchguns.
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

Thanks for the input, I have always wondered about these airguns. I would love to try one sometime and see how it feels compared to my Morini. If the reliability was closer to 100%, I would be tempted to throw down the cash for one. Maybe later. Thanks again, Dwaine
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I beleive the reliabilty of the air pistol to be on par with the morini I used to own. And superior to the Hammerli 480k.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I've never heard anything negative about the MG1 (unlike other MG products). We have two of them (1 x "e" / 1 x "m") in our club, and both shooters are extremely happy with their guns. I would expect the MG1 to work well, as it is the youngest member of a pretty long line of APs, beginning with the SAM M10 - so they had a long time to make it work, and lots of experience. Furthermore, I am under the impression that production quality (finally) went to the top of Matchguns' priority list (sometime last year?), the new pistols coming out are at least as good as the other brands.