Paraplegic Shooting Help

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Scott

Paraplegic Shooting Help

Post by Scott »

I have a friend of mine that is a paraplegic and is in a wheelchair. He has mobility from his waist up. He is interested in shooting in small bore rifle and air rifle competitions. I was thinking of prone shooting?

Does anybody have any suggestions or POCs that can point us in the right direction.
Buckeye

Paralympic info

Post by Buckeye »

Choices in the US:

(1) http://www.nrahq.org/compete/disabled.asp
For additional information contact Vanessa Ross, Manager of NRA Disabled Shooting services at disabled-shooting@nrahq.org

(2) Bob Foth, USA Paralympic Coach
719-866-4670
Bob.Foth@usashooting.org
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I'll second Bob at USA Shooting. You should call him and see what his schedule is and maybe take a trip up there (Colorado Springs). What is really neat is during the major competitions, the disabled shooters are on the line w/ everyone else.
Bob's pretty passionate about getting the disabled folks into shooting.
relay1

Re: Paraplegic Shooting Help

Post by relay1 »

Scott wrote:I have a friend of mine that is a paraplegic and is in a wheelchair. He has mobility from his waist up. He is interested in shooting in small bore rifle and air rifle competitions. I was thinking of prone shooting?

Does anybody have any suggestions or POCs that can point us in the right direction.
Try "John Powell" <beemanathlete@yahoo.com> he is a paraplegic shooter in Texas and he should be able to point your friend to local resources to help get him into the sport.

Charles