What new barrel and action/stock combination

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Post by Guest »

Sorry; to correct my last post in case of ambiguity; SERCS made them all and MEC sold them under license as the 'Project'
Barney

Post by Barney »

I see, thanks for explaining that, either way they are still good looking stocks
Dave IRL

Post by Dave IRL »

Having handled the Grunig in Munich, I can honestly say, I would not trade the Precise for one even if they cost the same money. Just did not feel as solid or as comfortable. That doesn't mean it's a bad stock now; it just reinforces the fact that stock selection is so intensely personal, and spending the extra chunk of cash on the G&E might land you with what is, for you, a significantly inferior package.
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

about the walther Anatomic. I was shopping for a new rifle for 3P at camp perry. I knew what action I was going to get. (2013 500mm barrel) so the only thing I was really looking for was a stock. Right now I am using a Stopper stock. And after handling all the stocks I could get my hands on I fell for the Anatomic.
I just love the feel of the stock. I dont like the grips or cheekpieces on the Anschutz stocks. The percise stock is too damn shiny. the only stock that came close to the walther was the MEC stock. and thos cost a fortune.

One thing I really like about the walther is the material it is made out of. It is made from a blue wood laminate. but it has the same adjustments as an aluminum stock. It has the feel of a wood stock. It also comes with one of the best buttplates out there.

Just my $0.02
Matt

Post by Guest »

Do Walther make the Anatomic for the 2013? I thought it was 19 series only.
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

no. I am trying to see if a gunsmith can inlett the stock.
matt

Post by Guest »

I'd have my doubts. Its quite a narrow stock and the action (1913) sits fiarly high in it. The 2013 is a lot wider and taller action. I think both dimensions will cause problems.

Would the 1913 action not be a better option? Bolts straight in, and consdered at least as good, probably better than the 2013.
mobarron

Post by mobarron »

I agree with the dude on the 52E and with whoever mentioned Jeff Madison's Stock. (M. Werks LLC, Traverse City, Michigan) I saw Jeff's at Camp Perry and was impressed. The action is barrel mounted and the tuner sits underneath the receiver so it can be adjusted in position. The bare stock is about $1000 and $1400 with grip, cheekpiece and buttplate. Mike Barron
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Anonymous wrote:Do Walther make the Anatomic for the 2013? I thought it was 19 series only.
AFAIK the annatomic will fit any action.

Rob.
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

RobStubbs wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Do Walther make the Anatomic for the 2013? I thought it was 19 series only.
AFAIK the annatomic will fit any action.

Rob.
It doesnt. not out of the box. they offer it for the round action anschutz but not the square. But I LOVE the stock and I have the 2013 action. Im going to contact Walther and see if the 2013 can be inletted into the anatomic. I contacted Doan and he said it would probably work.
Matt