Any news on the SP-08

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ruig

Post by ruig »

Taking apart is no problem.

This pistol has very nice trigger and clever slide catcher.

Slide catcher of AW93 is little bit dummy - it catches slide automatically after the last shot. I don't like such behavior. Its nasty position behind the index finger limits our freedom in making custom grip.

SP08 has special small lever on the damper... so every time we need to open slide after "unload" command - we just need pull slide back and press this lever.
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Thanks Ruig.

Any chance of a higher resolution image? Otherwise, could you post a link to where that (and any other) images may be?

I'm not particularly taken by the unrestrained recoil spring. My own experience with the IZH35 which also uses this is that I found it fiddly and awkward to fit the spring back into place when reassembling the gun after a field-strip. The restrained spring on a guide-rod system used by the AW93 is I think better in this regard.
ruig

Post by ruig »

Fortitudo Dei wrote: I'm not particularly taken by the unrestrained recoil spring.
Of course the spring must be fixed on the rod as fwb did. But it is only a prototype with some weak sides at the moment.

http://picasaweb.google.com/igor.rulyov ... 7849730706
tpow

ruig @ Munich

Post by tpow »

http://picasaweb.google.com/igor.rulyov ... 7849730706

Thanks for the URL and a great lot of pics.
tpow
paulo

Post by paulo »

ColinC wrote:
It looks so much like the FWB AW93 that I hope it is as easy to take apart, and not like the IZH35M in that respect.
Really Paulo, my IZH is easy to take apart. In fact it came apart all by itself when I cocked it for rapid fire the other day. I must have bumped that button beneath the lower barrel shroud and it just popped off. I caught it, reassembled and still managed to be ready when the target turned.
:-)
I meant all the screws in IZH, instead of a spring lock on the FWB.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Are there two versions of the SP-08 now?

The blued version made in Russia and the silver one which is to be made in Austria?
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

The 3 screws on the IZH top shroud are not actually part of the original design, they were added for the US market to mount optics on the top cover without it rattling.
As originally designed for ISSF disciplines, the IZH is one of the easiest match pistols to disassemble, just the spring loaded button under the front of the bottom shroud.
paulo

Post by paulo »

The US version is a pest, plus the crews have a tendency to shred and loosen, and many people switch to hexagonal socket from the original slot type screws for that reason.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

ruig wrote:There is a well known name in the EU/World behind Demyan LLC. He knows how to sell and what a service/sell network is. Believe me. I hope that in the end of this week we will get more info.
I may have missed it but nobody seems to have spotted, or at least mentioned, the Mannel name and logo on the pistol.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I think that's what ruig meant when he spoke about the experienced person / service concept behind the project... Demyan GmbH ist located in Ernsthofen, so it could have been Steyr, too, but that would have stretched it pretty far... I only wonder why the grips are not made by Ciro Fiore, who is associated with Männel, too...
ruig

Post by ruig »

Of course Ciro Fiore will make prototype of a grip.. but it needs time.
Männel is about 20 years in this business... He must know what quality is.

Ciro Fiore has so much to do now that he couldn't come to Munich. Ciro/Männel will deliver grips for Feinwerkbau pistols now.
bondibeach

Post by bondibeach »

Hello All,

First post for a newbie.

Interested in the Demyan SP One, anyone know if its headed downunder?

Been trying to locate a distributor online that will cater for Oz but no luck. Tried emailing them but didn't get a reply.

Hope someone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers
paulo

Post by paulo »

I have called the number on the web site from the US, they are there!
I would also try Mannel, at this time, they look like future distributors, since they were showcasing the gun in Germany.
abrakadabra

Post by abrakadabra »

A photo posted by Demyan.
Khaidurov is testing his pistol.
Attachments
khaidurov.jpg
paulo

Post by paulo »

I thought I was passionate about this thing, hooooowwwwww!
bondibeach

Post by bondibeach »

paulo wrote:I have called the number on the web site from the US, they are there!
I would also try Mannel, at this time, they look like future distributors, since they were showcasing the gun in Germany.
Thanks paulo for your reply.

Well, have made contact with Männel and here is the great news!

I can confirm that they will be producing the SP 1 in Ernsthofen – Austria. They hope to make first deliveries by end of the year.

Prices still to be finalised but from what I have been informed by Herr Männel, it will be cheaper then the SSP & AW93.

For the Aussies amongst us, Target Rifle South in Sth Aust. will be our point of contact.

For those searching for info, hope this helps.

Cheers
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

Yes we will sell the Demyan Sportpistol and I hope we will be ready end of the year to deliver the first pistols.
The price we calculate is including Austrian VAT approximately € 1.580,-
Direct from Maennel today!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Wow. I am amazed that the extremely advanced and elusive cultural technique of actually ANSWERING customer inquiries (what a novel concept! so totally and shockingly unRussian!!) has entered already the "new" Demyan mindset. Stunning. Ts ts.

Alexander
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Alexander wrote:Wow. I am amazed that the extremely advanced and elusive cultural technique of actually ANSWERING customer inquiries (what a novel concept! so totally and shockingly unRussian!!) has entered already the "new" Demyan mindset. Stunning. Ts ts.
Why would an Austrian company have developed what you seem to consider a "Russian" attitude to customer service.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Because you mixed up your English reading comprehension? Try again your hand at understanding, the grammar is clear enough.