SB Prone Rifle Recomendations -- LH?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Leo

SB Prone Rifle Recomendations -- LH?

Post by Leo »

Folks, I'm switching out of 3P and looking to shoot only SB prone and I'm looking for options/suggestions. I currently have a newer 1907L that I could use the action/barrel or I could sell as a unit and purchase a completley new rifle stock (but it needs to be LH)... any thoughts?
Dave IRL

Post by Dave IRL »

If it's the standard rifle stock then you might want to just change that. You can then add weights or a tube to change the balance and overall weight for prone. I'd look at the stock you want first though, and make sure to at least try it in the hand before you put money down. I was considering swapping my Anschutz Precise and a wedge of cash for a G&E, but having had a look at the G&E first hand out in Munich last week, I can honestly say that I distinctly prefer the Precise. Even though the Grunig is significantly more expensive, it doesn't feel as good for me. Enjoy though, shopping for stuff left-handed is a pain, can't find anything to try. I just went with a selected 1913 in a Precise stock and am quite happy with it so far.
Leo

Post by Leo »

Dave, your advice makes sense - the 1907 barrel/actin is is great shape, just looking for options on stocks - most are out still in Ohio. Shopping is fun -- but if a Percise stock is ~$1600, perhaps I should keep the 1907 swap the "non hook" butt plate our for a "hooked butt plate) and practice... :)

This winter I shot prone with guys using fiberglass stocks and "non" Anschutz acitons -- I was wondering about what those combinations might have been... we'll see if they post up. Thanks for the note.