WANTED SUGGESTIONS FOR AIR RIFLE

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

darticus

WANTED SUGGESTIONS FOR AIR RIFLE

Post by darticus »

Someone told me the ALFA PROJ was a very good gun but discontinued. Trying my luck with air rifle. I have a Benjamin Nitro but very tough to pump. Suggestions wanted for a good starter air rifle. Wheres JimE when you need him. Ron
Bill177

For what use?

Post by Bill177 »

If you are looking for a starter target rifle - Pilkington has several Tau 200s just listed.

I can tell you from personal experience, that the 200 is a great place to start. Real sights, real accuracy, real triggers - and all easy to operate on Co2.

I wish I still had mine - but I sold it in an act of stupidity several years ago.
Waisted

Re: WANTED SUGGESTIONS FOR AIR RIFLE

Post by Waisted »

darticus wrote:Someone told me the ALFA PROJ was a very good gun but discontinued. Trying my luck with air rifle. I have a Benjamin Nitro but very tough to pump. Suggestions wanted for a good starter air rifle. Wheres JimE when you need him. Ron
What's your budget? Will you be shooting Olympic?
darticus

Post by darticus »

Just backyard shooting but want quality rifle. How to get to Pilkguns TAU 200'S? Whats a good distance to shoot with a rifle? I shoot 10 meter LP10 backyard Olympics. Thanks Ron
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

It all depends if you want to spend a lot of money or a whole lot of money ;) There is such a wide swath of rifles to choose from in the 10m realm a lot depends on what you plan to spend. If you want a quality made precision rifle it is going to cost ya.

As for how far to shoot them well 10m of course lol but really I shoot mine out to 45 yards for silhouette and out past that just plinking so anything from 10-50 yards really.

What is your budget looking like? Right now it seems the used market it ripe for getting deals if you are in the market. I would be jumping all over the Walther LG300 AL on the classifieds if I was looking for a 10m rifle that is a deal!

Bo
Waisted

Post by Waisted »

Sheesh. You don't give up much info here :).
darticus wrote:Just backyard shooting but want quality rifle.
We all want a quality rifle., But it depends on your definition of quality.
How to get to Pilkguns TAU 200'S?
Yes, I know. The site has no search facility. I just do not know if the Tau range is available there or not.
Whats a good distance to shoot with a rifle?
That depends on what you want to do! Backyard shooting, as you have specified, the best distance is the length of your own back yard. With Olympic Air Rifle, you have no choice. It's 10M or nothing.
I shoot 10 meter LP10 backyard Olympics.
That clarifies it, thanks. Just get anything which shoots pellets and you'll be fine.
darticus

Post by darticus »

Thanks Guys!
I have a Benjamin Nitro but a real pain to pump. It seems like a good rifle. Ron
Waisted

Post by Waisted »

darticus wrote:Thanks Guys!
I have a Benjamin Nitro but a real pain to pump. It seems like a good rifle. Ron
There you go!
yana

Post by yana »

I had 2 Tau 200's. And allthough they áre good starters rifles, I had problems with both of mine. I'm a BIG Tau 7 fan, but because of the problems, less a Tau 200 fan.
First find out what kinda rifle you want, spring, CO2..
The older spring guns are, yeah, old, but of better finish quality, and, if igc, more reliable.
The Alfa Proj Alfa rifle is nothing more than a long pistol. It has limited shots cause of the (pistol) grip reservoir.
Both Tau and Alfa are tsjech. So dó expect some 'abnormalities' with them. Its 'normal'! ;)
darticus

Post by darticus »

yana wrote:I had 2 Tau 200's. And allthough they áre good starters rifles, I had problems with both of mine. I'm a BIG Tau 7 fan, but because of the problems, less a Tau 200 fan.
First find out what kinda rifle you want, spring, CO2..
The older spring guns are, yeah, old, but of better finish quality, and, if igc, more reliable.
The Alfa Proj Alfa rifle is nothing more than a long pistol. It has limited shots cause of the (pistol) grip reservoir.
Both Tau and Alfa are tsjech. So d
ó expect some 'abnormalities' with them. Its 'normal'! ;)
Thanks for the info. I have a Benjamin Nitro 22 pump now but tough to pump. It does shoot good. Wonder if daisy makes a cheap but good match rifle. Would rather use a cartridge. Ron