Do you shoot better in the day or in the evening?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dehouser

Do you shoot better in the day or in the evening?

Post by Dehouser »

I divide working from home and in my office in a university. I had gotten in the habit of shooting my 10 m 'garage' matches in the mornings, prior to working, but recently came home late from the office and decided to shoot a round at 10 pm. Surprisingly, I shot a personal best (536, no laughin', I'm just a hobbyist). Two nights later, I had another go and shot a 530. Previously, my best was in the 520s, so this pretty exciting. I was curious when other shooters found was the best time for them to practice. I'll give the evening shift a thrid try when I return home tonight.
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

The best time for me to practice live fire is when I can get to the range. The best time for dry fire practice is before I have my toddy prior to retiring for the night and when ever I have my pistol or rifle in my hand. Shot gun is also seperated as mount and swing can be practised in the bathroom in front of a full length mirrow. Actual shooting requires a range with properly thrown targets. Dam this game is fun. Good Shooting Bill Horton
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I'm a morning person.

When I shoot late in the day, I'm a mourning person.
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

I try not to make it matter too much.
If i just had a good nights sleep it dont matter to me, just as long as it is "normal" hours we talk about, not like before seven in the morning.

Lars
luftskytter-

Post by luftskytter- »

Presently I both train and compete AP (at a modest level), mostly in the early evening. Can't do much to change this really.......

During my archery days in the 80's, most of the training was late, and most competitions where weekends in the daytime. I often pondered this. Most of my excercise was learning how to shoot during evening hours. But I seldom competed at this time of day.
Ideally competition and training should be similar, and I always wondered if more daytime training would help me compete better.

In winter, during the indoor season there was more evening competition. I don't know whether this had any significance, but the summit og my shooting was a series of minor evening matches between evening training sessions during an indoor season.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Each person and situation is different, so you have to determine for yourself which is the best time to shoot. But sometimes you just do not have a choice, as you have to fit practice into your daily schedule.

But as was mentioned, if your matches are in the evening, and you practice in the morning, you don't know quite how your body will work for the evening match.
Dehouser

Post by Dehouser »

Thanks for all the thoughts, folks. I shot a 3 card match the other evening, and scored 272/300. I felt I was too tired to be effective after 11 pm, so I cut it short. At any rate, shooting in the evening has been encouraging, so I will continue to give it a try, as time permits.
tufty

Post by tufty »

I find that my concentration level is better early evening which helps with shooting
yana

Post by yana »

Practise, usually in the (late)afternoon. Cant function well in the evening. Big problem to get me off the couch after dinner..;)