Has anyone purchased a SB shooting jacket lately?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Leo

Has anyone purchased a SB shooting jacket lately?

Post by Leo »

Looking for suggestions/opinions on my first jacket -- only SB, mostly prone -- and my budget is $500 (that is the amount a hardback Creedmore jacket will cost) -- I was looking for options from the this group on a more traditional jacket that might be in a similar price range). Thanks for the support.
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

I get on well with my Mondard Standard.

Where are you? Don't know how extensively Monard are distributed in the States.
Quest1

Re: Has anyone purchased a SB shooting jacket lately?

Post by Quest1 »

Leo wrote:Looking for suggestions/opinions on my first jacket -- only SB, mostly prone -- and my budget is $500 (that is the amount a hardback Creedmore jacket will cost) -- I was looking for options from the this group on a more traditional jacket that might be in a similar price range). Thanks for the support.
Are you looking for an NRA or International Jacket? Monard is the best buy.
justadude

Post by justadude »

What size are you?

Friend of mine has a size 38 Kurt Thune jacket for sale.

'Dude
Leo

Post by Leo »

Thanks for the feedback -- I'll be travelling out to LA, think I'll go down and get a creedmore prone jacket -- old and inflexible to shoot 3P... regards.

Post by Guest »

I think I have a fair understanding of the differences between NRA and International jackets. What are the differences between a jacket that will be used only for prone as opposed to one for 3P?
Barney

Post by Barney »

Mainly the cut is different for prone, the left sleeve is rotated around more so it doesn't bunch around the arm so much where the sling attaches.

Your Left elbow (if right handed) doesn"t end up right on the edge of the elowbow pad, it sits nicely in the middle of the pad.

The material at the back of the neck is cut lower down so it doesn't ride up onto the neck as much.

I have Kurt Thunes old version and there new model "600" is suppose to be better, you can now do the overlap test with your arms down, they have modified the cut slightly.

The old version due to the cut requires you to hold your arms in the air as if you are shooting prone.

As fars as wearing it to shoot in, I throughly recomend it, if prone is your only disipline.