California Ammo Crisis

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

Philadelphia wrote:Better yet, move to a free state and leave the place to implode under the weight of its own utopian pie in the sky policies.
Wish I could afford to. With the housing market the way it has been for the past few years that just isn't going to happen. Will probably be stuck here until I die.
Rover

Post by Rover »

At least Hell holds no terrors for us; we've lived in the desert.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Well there's hope for you all in CA based on the primary yesterday.
Make it a statewide thing and you all might return to a state that values the 2nd amendment
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

Philadelphia wrote:
Hemmers wrote:There's usually a way around everything.
Over here a lot of us still bristle at the idea of having to "get around" stupid things our gov't does. If too many just "get around" more restrictions instead of bristling, and next thing you know . . . .

My advice is exactly the opposite. Never give up on finding a way make the pols that enacted the whole stupid scheme find new jobs for themselves. Better yet, move to a free state and leave the place to implode under the weight of its own utopian pie in the sky policies.
My suggestion was not that you sit back and take it.
It was suggestions of ways to continue shooting relatively unimpeded until the pols get tired of being abused and scrub it from the books.

Does this sort of thing have a sunset clause, or is that just Federal stuff, not state level? (I'm harking back to the "assault rifle ban", which of course was maintained in Cali.).
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

[/quote]
I'm amazed .22lr comes up as pistol ammo. The long rifle designation is still relevant today. It's was designed for and is heavily used in rifles - or is it specific .22lr that is restricted - like Tenex Pistol that's loaded specifically for shorts?[/quote]

The reason that 22LR comes up as pistol ammo is because the way the law is written. And the single shot break open pistols that can be had in any caliber that you want. so:
22LR-Pistol ammo
.223 Rem-Pistol ammo
30-06-pistol ammo

the new law will not allow any CMP clubs to order ammunition that is required to run the club. Junior clubs will not be able to get the ammo that they need unless someone has an address out of CA that they can get all the ammo Shipped to.
matt
Finprof

Out of state

Post by Finprof »

I live in New Jersey. Our law was passed and went into effect over a year ago. Fortunately I live close to Pennsylvania and can buy anything I want over the counter by traveling 10 miles.
marky123

Post by marky123 »

Hiya
Welcome to my world.
My ammo allowance is to buy 2000 rounds of .22 at one transaction and to keep 2500.If I have more I am liable to a fine of £1000 and/or 6months imprisonment.My license would be revoked and my guns would be confiscated.Ammo is not able to be posted nor are expanding bullets(but match bullets are).
When is California going to license gun owners to reduce crime?It didn't work in Great Britain.
MARK