packing sights for travel

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

packing sights for travel

Post by Guest »

Could somebody offer me any tips for packing the rear sight and foresight for air travel? Do folks normally pack the sights in the same case as the rifle, or carry the sights separately?
Thanks
Dave
Roodaddy600

Post by Roodaddy600 »

Well what a few of us do on my team is pack them in a seperate little pelican box. You can pick them up at a lot of outdoor stores. We just cut the foam to fit around the sights so they sit in there tight and you wont have to worry about the sights bouncing around. If you have room in the gun case you can do the same thing which is cut the foam out to fit the sights and just leave them in there. Pretty much whichever you prefer. But definitely pack them tightly so they are just moving around freely in either your equipment bag or gun case

Shane
henry1

Post by henry1 »

i use a set like the other gentlemen talked about for both my scope and and regular sights..
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

At a minimum, wrap your sights in two separate golf towels and place them in your gun case. That should make them big enough that they don't move around in the case, and protect them enough should they move.
Telecomtodd

Post by Telecomtodd »

I went to a camera shop here in town that had some used equipment hard cases. Bought one for a whopping $25, was $200 new. A couple dings in it, so what. Bought some new foam for my gun case and had exactly enough left over to put into the camera hard case. I have one rear sight, a bloop tube with a front sight, and two scopes in this case. It works great. Let me know if anyone wants to see a picture of it.