Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Sam H

New Suit

Post by Sam H »

Hello, I know this type of question has been asked before but:

I have narrowed down to 2 choices
- Kurt Thune Expert II Jacket + HL Pants
OR
- ahg Stenvaag Skorpion Jacket & Skorpion Pants (Canvas - not Fusion)

I probably don't really need this quality....but I have lost 50lbs..and need to replace my economy suit. Expect this one to last a long time. I shoot 3P & prone and looking to start air.

I can buy both options for roughly same price.

My thinking is that the KT jacket is better, but the Skorpion pants are better (HL pants are only single canvas on back of legs...Will this make a difference in stability or durability?)

What are your thoughts...?
Both will be made to measure.

Don't want to mix as the extra postage from different dealers will blow the budget.

Many Thanks,
Sam H
jmkwyo

Post by jmkwyo »

I think KT is overpriced, and have heard about some issues with their quality. Although a lot of people use the brand. That being said I don't know anything about the latter.
Brain Carstensen

Post by Brain Carstensen »

Look into the Hi-tech suit...i think thats how it is spelled anyway...the wvu team uses them and ive seen one up close it looks to be a really nice suit and if i needed a new suit i would go with that one.

Post by Guest »

I'd go for the Anschutz all day long. As others have said, Kurt Thune is always having problems with ISSF rules.

They seem to find ways of pushing the boundaries, and when the ISSF catch on, you have to make adjustments to their clothing to get it compliant. Most recently the waistband of the trousers and the jacket button reinforcement for example.

I had one Kurt Thune in my time and swore never another. It chaffed my neck so badly it went back for adjustment twice and still cut in. I ended up putting Vaseline on the canvas to stop it digging in before I sold it.

I've had Anschutz and Sauer jackets since and found them both excellent quality

A lot of the publicity and following that Thune gets is due to PR and getting their gear on the top shooters. If you put a $100 jacket on a top shooter, they would still make an Olympic final, so they just take Thunes money and who could blame them.
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Monard are pretty good as well

JSB