That time of the year again

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

TraLfaz

That time of the year again

Post by TraLfaz »

Summer is here again and I was wondering if anybody has a fix for sweating onto your shooting glasses. This seems to be happening more and more to my 13 year son and there has to be a fix for it. Any ideas?
mapletune

Post by mapletune »

I'm not particularly sure if it'll work, but I've heard good reviews from bicycle friends about the gutr. It's basically a sweatband, but made of rubber and it redirects sweat away to the sides.

look up " gutr " with google if you are interested =)
Flashmo

Post by Flashmo »

Wear a $3 headband.
WRC

Time of year for sweat and fog

Post by WRC »

These comments are more about fogging up glasses rather than sweating them up, but with summer humidity coming, maybe they'll help.

Wearing the traditional shooting glasses, like Champion or Knoblauch? They shouldn't steam up much, due to plenty of air space around the lens. If so, make sure hair (bangs) is swept away from face, to let air flow. Use a headband to keep hair in place and absorb the sweat before it rolls into his eyes. Same for shooting safety glasses. Get a pair without the brow guard, pull slightly away from face for air to circulate. Another coach recommended a glass cleaner called Plast-X as a fog preventer.
joel

Post by joel »

+1 on the GUTR. I use it for cycling and running.

Joel
cdcmia

Post by cdcmia »

Use the dentist and ear/nose/throat surgeon's trick when they put mirror in your mouth.

Use a thin drop of Johnson Johnson Baby Shampoo, swear it all over your lens, wipe it clean with cloth.

There you have it, surgical no fog lens.
robf

Post by robf »

wiping with the fingers is a good condensation maker...
TraLfaz

Re: Time of year for sweat and fog

Post by TraLfaz »

WRC wrote:These comments are more about fogging up glasses rather than sweating them up, but with summer humidity coming, maybe they'll help.

Wearing the traditional shooting glasses, like Champion or Knoblauch? They shouldn't steam up much, due to plenty of air space around the lens. If so, make sure hair (bangs) is swept away from face, to let air flow. Use a headband to keep hair in place and absorb the sweat before it rolls into his eyes. Same for shooting safety glasses. Get a pair without the brow guard, pull slightly away from face for air to circulate. Another coach recommended a glass cleaner called Plast-X as a fog preventer.
The problem that he is having is that the shooting glasses are fogging up. I guess that the time has come to invest in some nice shooting glasses and try some type fog preventer on them. Thanks for all of the helpfull comments.