Problems with Walther LG300 Sights

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Problems with Walther LG300 Sights

Post by Guest »

Since i got risers for my sights i have had to adjust my sights as far left as possible. I am out of movement for my sights and i still need about 5 clicks as my shots are still to the left. Up and Down are fine. I just ran out of clicks going left.
I have tried flipping around the sight risers tightening everything and taking out the foresight element and putting it back in. What do i do???
I have a walther LG300 Universal with the walther expert competition sights.
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Are your raisers fitted with extra off set screw holes, which you may have screwed the sights to. My Gehmann blocks have a central set and off centre sets for left or right bias. check this out first.

JSB

Post by Guest »

No they do not. They are the cheap regular nothing special sight risers.
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

OK, check that the muzzle weight/foresight carrier is fitted and seated properly on the barrel and is absolutely perpendicular. I have known people take these off and put them back a few mm out of line.

Failing that, then its your raisers that are the problem, they may be machined a few MM out.

JSB
Colin

Post by Colin »

When you turn the raiser blocks around does it alter the error to the opposite side, to the right, if so it looks to be a fault with the raiser blocks. Colin
LoneStar92

Post by LoneStar92 »

I don't know, i will give it a shot. Any other suggestions?
robf

Post by robf »

i'm using offset sights on an LG300 using walther sights, and they haven't run out of elevation... i can only think it's the risers, either try turning the back one or front one around, or try it without, but it looks likes the risers are twisted rather than offset laterally.

Are they clamping from the same side?
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

What make of raiser blocks are they.

JSB
LoneStar92

Post by LoneStar92 »

they are anschutz brand risers and they are both clamped from the same side
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

You may or may not know, the Walther dove tails are a different size/width from Anshutz, so if these raiser blocks were a real loose fit on your Walther, they could have moved to one side as you tightened the clamp screws moving the block off axis. The correct fit should be a sliding fit with virtually no sideways movement.
Check this out

JSB
LoneStar92

Post by LoneStar92 »

They are anschutz BRAND made for walther rifles. They seem to fit perfectly
hank2222

Post by hank2222 »

robf wrote:i'm using offset sights on an LG300 using walther sights, and they haven't run out of elevation... i can only think it's the risers, either try turning the back one or front one around, or try it without, but it looks likes the risers are twisted rather than offset laterally.

Are they clamping from the same side?
i think you hit it on the head there sir.. i use my rifle for two diff sports inside the 10 meter air rifle shooting programs..

one is 10 meter brenchrest set up with a fixed power scope and the other is the basic 10 meter standing and prone rifle shooting ..i placed a mark on the sights base so when i remove the sights from the place i can replace them with the scope i use in brenchrest shooting ..i mark the scope rights set up in the same way with a mark of one and two system

the one system is design for standard rifle sights and two is for scope rings on the unit dove tail ..the color for this one is white and the color for this one is red to be able to match up the sight perfect again on the dove tail rail system ..i just redone the colors here and there as it need with fringer nail polish

Post by Guest »

LoneStar92 wrote:They are anschutz BRAND made for walther rifles. They seem to fit perfectly
That a first with me, why not get the Walther raisers.Colin
LoneStar92

Post by LoneStar92 »

Because i got these for free.