Gun Sighting for Standard and Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ricchap

Gun Sighting for Standard and Free Pistol

Post by ricchap »

How are you Standard Pistol shooters sighting your guns? I usually sight my gun holding my sights right at the bottom of the black circle. What do you guys do when shooting at two different targets, slow pistol (B19) and rapid fire (B38)? Do you sight your gun dead on (sight lining with center of bullseye)? How about for Free Pistol?

Thanks
buonvento

Post by buonvento »

sub 6 o clock. Do you shoot standard pistol with rapid fire targets also?
NB

sights

Post by NB »

Many strings on this subject already if you care to check. I shot just a hair(light) below the black. My sights are closed as much as possible making the light equal on both sides and the bottom of the black. " SHOT WHATEVER FEELS THE MOST COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR MIND" Make a choice , Tell yourself this is the best way I can shot. Dont worry about how others shoot. Its ok to ask, get imput to make up your mind. But the sooner your set the sooner you will turn that shooting style into an instinct. The sooner you wont be thinking about it . " JUST DO IT" do i have to give Nike credit for that statement?
ricchap

Gun Sights

Post by ricchap »

Thanks and sorry for the confusion. Standard Pistol is only shot with one type of target (B17/B19).
jipe

Post by jipe »

The difference between standard and free pistol is that the same target is used at twice the distance -> the target is perceived much smaller when shooting FP with a much smaller perceived white zone below the bull -> less place to put your sights -> sub 6 in FP is closer to the bull than for standard otherwise the sigths will partly be under the target.