traveling case for FWB 700 alu

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

D A Higgins

traveling case for FWB 700 alu

Post by D A Higgins »

i will be flying from louisiana to california this summer and i need a good, strong, heavy duty case for my Feinwerkbau 700 aluminum air rifle. everything is appreciated.
Quest1

Re: traveling case for FWB 700 alu

Post by Quest1 »

D A Higgins wrote:i will be flying from louisiana to california this summer and i need a good, strong, heavy duty case for my Feinwerkbau 700 aluminum air rifle. everything is appreciated.
We use cases by ICC or Strong Gun cases. They are aluminum cases and although they may not be a Pelican. They are built to take punishment and protect the gun from the best abuse the airlines can throw at the case. Although I like Pelican cases they are extremely heavy and bulky and with the airlines trying to pick or pocket we felt that the two manufactures mentioned offered the best protection without breaking the bank or our backs. The cases are ordered with full foam instead of the egg type in both the top and bottom to immobilize the guns. We have also had the cases specifically built to be shorter then the standard 52" cases, which didn't increase the cost of the case by much. A service that a plastic case manufacture would be hard to duplicate without charging a small fortune.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Hardigg
weilers

Post by weilers »

Try a Pelican 1700 series case. The foam is solid and can be cut to size. Also, definately find out about shipping the tanks. Ask the Airline AND the TSA about shipping requirements regarding the tanks.