lp50 instead of lp10?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
compscotty

lp50 instead of lp10?

Post by compscotty »

Can an LP50 do just as good of job as a lp10 in the 10m pistol event?

The reason why i'm asking is that lp10s are sold out and only lp50's are available at this moment. I'd rather not wait 8 weeks to get more lp10's in. Well, i can get a Morini or FWB.

In the post "List of Guns" in this forum there's not one lp50.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

i believe you should wait for the lp10 if you are a dedicated ap60 shooter. the morini is also a very good pistol and is my current gun ( i also have an lp10).
Cones

Post by Cones »

The standard mechanical LP50 trigger is not as good as the mechanical LP10 one.

I have both the LP50 and an LP10.

I also have the new LP50E and the trigger on that is exactly the same as the LP10E.

The LP50E is different to shoot than the LP10 though. It is still very precise and great if you want to do more than just AP60 events. I use mine for Silhouette shooting and general plinking when I need a change from shooting at paper.

HTH

Mark
gatorpan

LP10E vs LP50E

Post by gatorpan »

I understand the ISSF rules only allow a single shot pistol in competitions. So if this important for you, than take this into account. But the LP50 sure sounds like a fun air pistol if you want the great accuracy it is capable of as well.
David Levene

Re: LP10E vs LP50E

Post by David Levene »

gatorpan wrote:I understand the ISSF rules only allow a single shot pistol in competitions.
That's not quite true.

They actually say that, other than for the specific 5-shot events, air pistols may only be loaded with 1 pellet.

There's nothing to stop you from only putting 1 pellet in the 5 shot magazine although it is easier to buy a dedicated single shot magazine.