Purchasing an air pistol from the UK.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RPB

Purchasing an air pistol from the UK.

Post by RPB »

What are the procedures of buying a used air pistol from the UK or any other foreign country? Are there so many rules that it makes it not worth the problem. Can anyone inform me of what is involved.

Bob
RobStubbs

Re: Purchasing an air pistol from the UK.

Post by RobStubbs »

RPB wrote:What are the procedures of buying a used air pistol from the UK or any other foreign country? Are there so many rules that it makes it not worth the problem. Can anyone inform me of what is involved.

Bob
Bob,
It depends on where you are and how you want to "ship" the gun.

Rob.
RPB

Post by RPB »

I live in the US. Looking to use the Royal Mail or UPS. There sims to be a problem with the weight if using the RM.
BorzoiDad

Purchasing from UK

Post by BorzoiDad »

In 2006 I purchased an FWB air rifle from a dealer in England. We agreed on a price by e-mail and he shipped the rifle to me, I believe using FedEx. In fact I reused the packaging when I recently sold it.

No muss, no fuss, no extraneous paper work. Things may have changed in Briton, I don't know. But I believe you should be able to have it shipped to the US without difficultly.
BorzoiDad

Purchasing from UK

Post by BorzoiDad »

In 2006 I purchased an FWB air rifle from a dealer in England. We agreed on a price by e-mail and he shipped the rifle to me, I believe using FedEx. In fact I reused the packaging when I recently sold it.

No muss, no fuss, no extraneous paper work. Things may have changed in Briton, I don't know. But I believe you should be able to have it shipped to the US without difficultly.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I believe that sales of airguns in the UK from Registered Firearms Dealers to UK residents must be done face-to-face (not by post or carrier).

I don't know whether the same applies to a private individual not selling in the course of business, or sales from an RFD to an overseas customer.
psf32

Post by psf32 »

To post an air pistol from the uk to the us is treated as sending a firearm so it would be an export and the last pistol I got a quote for was a silly price for a one off, it was about £200.
Most of the postal services in the uk will no longer send gun in the post so your choice is limited.