Grips/Hammerli 208

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

rsa

Grips/Hammerli 208

Post by rsa »

I am looking for advice on whether lefthand grips can be found for a Hammerli 208 or if they can be made as I can purchase said pistol in right hand format but I am shooting lefthanded.
Or is it best to look at a modern .22lr production pistol that is offered with left handed grips?
Advice will be hugely appreciated as I am a newcomer to the sport.
Thank you.rsa
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

You can certainly buy left handed grips for a 208 from several manufacturers (Morini, Rink etc).

I'm afraid that the choice between a 208 with extra grips or another gun supplied complete with left handed grips is one that only you can make.

What gun do you prefer, are there financial constraints, what are the service/spares arrangements in RSA, etc, etc.

Any advice people give you on this board regarding specific guns can only be what suits them, or others they know, the best. It cannot be a recommendation of what will suit you the best.

Having said that, are you a member of a club and do they have club guns for you to borrow. I appreciate that things are going to be harder for a left hander but buying advice, especially for a newcomer who may not know exactly what he is looking for, is pretty meaningless over the internet.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

You might pick up s/h grips for a 208, but any of the regular grip makers will be able to supply LH grips.

A 208 in good condition will be a troublefree lifetime investment. the same cannot be said for many of the target .22 pistols on the maket.

Parts are 'hard' to get, but available

http://www.australiancynic.com/208.htm
topclass

Hammerli grips

Post by topclass »

I shoot a 208 and am a lefty. I got Rinks LH grips from Larry's Guns (in Maine) -- I am sure they are available elsewhere. There can be a time delay in receiving grips from Larry's depending on when you place an order in their ordering cycle, which is once per month (at the end of the month). Larry's is also a source for parts and tune-ups. 208's are great pistols. I have 2 -- one for bullseye (with a red dot), one for International (iron sights).