Pulse...What to do?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tenring

Pulse...What to do?

Post by tenring »

I'm new to the game and have been trying to get good with the iron sights. A friend told me to put on a scope to learn some things about my hold. It was true. I could see my hold was not all that still and the pulse was....Wow. Holding a 50 tradional NRA target my pulse easily bounced from pretty much bottom to top of 10 ring.

I got my hold improved and more comfortable now, but is there anything i can do for the pulse. Or is that about normal and need to learn to time the shot???

Thanks,
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

cardio will help make the intervals between pulses longer.
But make sure you wear a sweater or somthing under your jacket. Then put the sling high on your arm, above the bicep. and the sling should pull from the outside of the arm
tenring

Post by tenring »

Thanks, Grizz. I'm going out this morning. I'm kinda limited for now as to how high I can get it. I borrowed a sling from a friend until mine get to me. His is a NRA 3in wide one. So I can not get it as high as it well go. It did feel better and make the pulse not so strong. I think I can go up one more loop.
scott75

Post by scott75 »

Your body is a very complex thing. I dont shoot if i have had caffine or excess sugars, try not to eat so much before shooting ect!! Be consistant, patient and practice. Be relaxed before you get down into position. take the time to concentrate on your breathing and try to slow your heart rate down before you think about shooting a live round. A few dry fires really helps me.

Cheers
2650 Plus

Post Subjecy

Post by 2650 Plus »

Keep in mind that a double meat hamburger and an oversized order of french fries in youur belly will certainly increase your pulse bounce. Even if you use the position with your leg drawn up and most of your weight on your side. What you eat and when you eat can have atremendious effect on the stillness of your rifle. Good Shooting Bill Horton

Post by Guest »

Herb Hollister a great shooter from Co who passed away about 10 years ago was once asked, " Herb what do you do when you see a pulse beat through the scope?"

Herb's answer was, "I thank God I still have one."