scratch on carbon shroud

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

yana

scratch on carbon shroud

Post by yana »

Aarggggh..I scratched the barrel shroud on my LG300!?
I háte that...!?
Anything I can do to make it less visible?
I tried car polish didnt work..
2 Cents

Post by 2 Cents »

Depending on the deapth of the scratch you maybe can use a VERY very fine emory cloth to get the sharpness out of it..use VERY lightly and take your time.

Then

IF the shroud is blue or black (steel)

Bluing pen
Permanent magic marker

If Alum. and the shroud has any milling pattern to it , a mild abrasive, Soft Scrub, Ptuz Pomade, Jeweler rouge might get it to be less offensive.

Even if no milling pattern the mild abrasive route should help some
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I think 2 Cents might have missed the fact that it is carbon.

I would suggest you try emailing Walther and ask if they have any suggestions. You can't be the first person to have scratched one.
robf

Re: scratch on carbon shroud

Post by robf »

yana wrote:Aarggggh..I scratched the barrel shroud on my LG300!?
I háte that...!?
Anything I can do to make it less visible?
I tried car polish didnt work..
a nice sticker :D
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Take off the sharp edge if there is one then use clear coat touch-up with a very fine brush, if it's deep build it up in many thin coats, then if need be finish with a fin rubbing compound to blend into the surrounding area.

Or if you just want to make it less visible you can just try Future acrylic floor polish, depending on depth it might range from very hard to see to less obvious.

Post by Guest »

Yana
I think Richard's guidance is worth a go, just another little warning, don't forget it is just a tube and its glued on, no heavy handed action on it, don't pick up the rifle by it or hold it when you remove the cylinder or you could end up with it separate from the rest of the rifle!
Its a precision tool, use it like one, by the way its a superb rifle my wife loves her's.